She may not get the same critical exposure like her acting colleagues, but she’s certainly getting plum and starring roles. After co-producing and playing Etta James in ‘Cadillac Records’ for Sony BMG, Beyonce will switch gears and try another genre – thriller.According to Variety, Beyonce Knowles, Ali Larter and Idris Elba will star in "Obsessed," a thriller that Screen Gems will put into production this summer.Steve Shill will direct a script by David Loughery. Will (‘Stomp The Yard, This Christmas’) Packer produces, and Knowles will be exec producer along with her father, Mathew Knowles.In "Obsessed," Elba will play an asset manager who has a knockout wife (Knowles) and thriving career until a temp office worker (Larter) begins stalking him.Screen Gems topper Clint Culpepper is finalizing cast deals, working with Knowles’ and Larter’s reps to iron out scheduling kinks.Knowles was last seen onscreen in "Dreamgirls," Larter in the Screen Gems films "Resident Evil: Extinction" and "Final Destination," and Elba last appeared in "American Gangster" and ‘This Christmas.’ He next stars in "Prom Night" for Screen Gems and will appear in BBC film ‘The No.1 Ladies’ Detective Agency’ with Jill Scott.
Trending right now
- Must-Read: Tamera Mowry-Housley Breaks Her Silence About Tamar Being Fired From 'The Real'
- Watch: LeBron James' Wife Pulled the Ultimate Black Mom Move Right on National TV
- Birdman & Toni Braxton Show Off Their Love At The BET Awards
- Rihanna Has One Major Problem With Kanye's "Famous" Video - And It's Not What You Think
- Stay Woke: Jesse Williams Sets Social Media On Fire With His BET Humanitarian Award Speech
- Lena Dunham Cries White Tears for Taylor Swift Amid Kanye Controversy
Features24 photos Launch gallery
You May Also Like
Beyonce Stars With Blue Ivy In Commercial For Ivy Park Clothing Line & Poses For Two Covers Of ELLE MagazineCloseSign up for our newsletter and never miss the hot storiesThank you for subscribing to Global Grind! Please be sure to open your today's newsletter so we're added to your Safe Senders list.