<p> </p><p>Rakim is said to be known as one of the greatest rappers of all time. Who’s to blame for such a heavy statement? You are, or at least those of you who support such self-proclaimed idols. Because of that, you’ve all let it all go straight to dudes head. Know why? Because Rakim refers to himself as GOD! WTF???</p><p>Here’s a dude who’s from a much earlier era than Jay Z, yet ‘Hova’ is doing laps and laps around Rakim, when he should have been holding down the “King of New York” title.</p><p>Eric B discovered Rakim back in the day, moving the (then unknown rapper) from Long Island, New York to ‘The Big Apple.’. It’s Eric B’s golden touch that transformed Rakim into the superstar we all know today. As a result, Rakim whose real name is William Griffin, was born a star. Both his style and image were sparked from the visionary mind of his partner, Eric B. So…for those of you who have any inclination that Rakim did it all by himself, YOU ARE ALL DEAD WRONG!!!</p><p>Most black kids who love the art of hip/hop look up to Rakim. I’m sorry to say, those kids are being totally misguided. Know why? Because the Rakim they idolize so much truly has a deep dark side…which I’m about to reveal to you. Read on…</p>
Trending right now
- Khloe Kardashian On Being "Done" With Caitlyn Jenner: "I Don't Have A Relationship With Her"
- This Video Of Jay Z Dancing With Blue Ivy Will Melt Your Heart
- Blac Chyna & Tyga Have A Sex Tape
- What's Happening In Hip-Pop: Karrueche Tran Wins An Emmy, P. Diddy Talks Leaving Music For Film, & More
- Indecent Exposure! Celebrities Who Happily Show Off Their "Hoo-Ha" (NSFW PHOTOS)
- 12 Celebrity Eggplant Friday Pics That You Need To See Now
Features21 photos Launch gallery
You May Also Like
Beyonce Stars With Blue Ivy In Commercial For Ivy Park Clothing Line & Poses For Two Covers Of ELLE MagazineCloseSign up for our newsletter and never miss the hot storiesThank you for subscribing to Global Grind! Please be sure to open your today's newsletter so we're added to your Safe Senders list.