First Look At Official iPhone 5 Designs From Apple (PHOTOS)
Apple has finally made the announcement you’ve all been waiting for.
The iPhone 5 is here and will be coming to an Apple store near you before you know it. Pre-order for the iPhone 5 starts Friday September 14, 2012 and shipments will start the following Friday, September 21, 2012.
The new phone will have a ton of new updates, including a smaller size. There will be a whole bunch of new features that will undoubtedly improve the phone, but probably also be an additional expense for you.
As Tim Cook makes the announcements that have us on the edge of our seats in San Francisco, we will have the updates for you as they happen.
So far we know that the new iPhone will:
- -Be on A 4G LTE Network
- -Have a 2x Faster CPU
- -Be 22% Smaller
- -Have an 8-10 Hour battery life
- -Have a 25% smaller 8 megapixel camera
- -Have 44% more color saturation than 4s
- -Offer FaceTime over the cellular service
- -Have a new connector that is 80% smaller
- -Has integrated Tom Tom into it’s GPS capabilities
- -Offer Panorama – a new feature that allows you to take massive widescreen pictures
- -Be priced at $199 for 16GB up to $399 for 64GB
- -Have a release date of September 21st with a pre-order beginning on Friday September 15th
- -Siri now knows sports, can suggest movies based on Rotten Tomatoes, and update your Facebook status
- -Be available in both black and white
- -Offer 3 Mics; One mic on the front, one on the bottom and one on the back.
Tim Cook also made a new annnouncement about the upcoming additions to the iPod family.
-The new Nano will have a 2.5inch display. The largest yet!
-It will be featured in 7 different colors
-It also features widescreen video and Bluetooth
-The Nano will feature 30hours of playback
-It also features a video camera
-The new iPod Touch is the same height as the iPhone 5
-It is 6.1mm thin…almost as thin as the nano
-The 5th Generation iPod Touch Will be available in 5 colors
-40 hours of music playback, 8 hours of video on the new iPod Touch battery.
-It will feature a 1080p video camera
-You can do video editing on the iPod
-The new iPod Touch will have Siri
-iSight camera is going to be built into the Touch for the first time. It’s 5 megapixel, with autofocus, flash and Sapphire lens.
-The new Nano is $149, and the new Touch is $299 for 32GB and $399 for the 64GB