To some, “Jingle Bells” sounds like jingle hell.
With the holiday season dashing right around the corner, Edison Research center decided to get in the holiday spirit to find out which holiday songs people hate the most.
Edison conducted a national survey with over 200 women, ages 30-49, who said they loved to hear Christmas songs on the radio.
To counteract the center’s usual favorable focus, researchers decided to conduct a survey on the same women to find out which holiday songs they least liked.
Barbra Streisand’s version of “Jingle Bells” and the Beach Boys “The Man With All The Toys” seem to drive Christmas-loving women absolutely crazy.
Check out the 10 most hated holiday songs below!
The 10 “most disliked” Holiday Songs Of 2012
- 1. Singing Dogs, “Jingle Bells”
- 2. Beach Boys, “The Man With All The Toys”
- 3. Spike Jones, “All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth”
- 4. Barbra Streisand, “Jingle Bells”
- 5. Elmo & Patsy, “Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer”
- 6. Cartman, “O Holy Night”
- 7. Seymour Swine & Squeelers, “Blue Christmas” (the version that features a Porky Pig-soundalike stammering his way through the Elvis Presley standard)
- 8. Neil Diamond, “O Come, O Come Emmanuel”
- 9. Mannheim Steamroller, “Deck The Halls”
- 10. Little Jimmy Boyd, “I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus”
SOURCE: Edison Research