A 3-year-old girl has died a tragic death after being pinned under an automatic garage door at a home in eastern Maryland.
Charles County sheriff’s spokeswoman Diane Richardson tells The Washington Post , that just before 4 P.M. the girl slipped out of the house and into the garage.
Huffington Post reports:
Authorities believe she may have pushed the garage door’s control button and tried to run out of the garage. Richardson said the door apparently struck the girl’s back and pinned her.
An adult in the house heard the door and checked within minutes. A preliminary investigation indicates the girl may have died of asphyxiation but a autopsy is scheduled.
Our prayers and condolences are with the toddler’s family.
For more info hit play on the video above.
SOURCE: Huffington Post