Life is ironic.
Singer/songwriter Alanis Morissette taught us this back in 1995, when she released her smash single “Ironic.”
On June 13, 1995, Alanis released one of her most popular albums to date. Jagged Little Pill featured some of Alanis’ best records like “Hand In My Pocket,” “You Oughta Know,” and of course, “Ironic.”
In celebration of Alanis’ anniversary, GlobalGrind decided to round up 13 things “Ironic” taught us over the years. From winning the lottery and dying the next day, to finding a fly in your Chardonnay, life is filled with ironic moments.
Here are the 13 things Alanis Morissette’s “Ironic” taught us over the years.
1.The Lottery Curse Is Real.
2. Flies Are Here On Earth For No Other Reason Than To Torture Us.
3. Sometimes shit happens.
4. Traffic really is hell on earth.
5. All The Hot Guys Are Married.
6. A Knifey Spoony Battle Should Be A National Pastime.
7. Smokers Take Wayyy Too Many Breaks.
8. Life Is Full Of Confusing Surprises.
9. Rain On Your Wedding Day Isn’t THAT Bad.
10. Life Has A Funny Way…
11. …Of Sneaking Up On You.
12. Being Careful Doesn’t Guarantee Your Safety.
13. Take Advice, So You Won’t Be Subjected To The “I Told You So” Face.