Two years ago today we lost one of the most unique vocalists of our time, and boy, do we miss Amy Winehouse.
In the short time we all were graced with her music, it was obvious Amy would be a force to be reckoned with, and someone we’d never forget. Aside from her killer chords, we loved Amy’s amazing sense of style and quirky fashion sense. Most importantly, she had that “idgaf” attitude that could not be bought.
One thing no one else could pull off just quite like Amy was her exaggerated bee-hive hair or thick cat eyeliner, which both became her trademark and eventually elevated her to a style icon.
Her fashion was always fun, fresh, with a retro spin.
Beyonce, Katy Perry, and Lana Del Rey all took some bee-hive tips from Amy…
Why else do we love Amy Winehouse? Let us count the ways…
1. She knows it’s totally OK to have an “OMG” moment!
2. That powerful voice came out of such a little frame
3. She made her own dress code.
4. She was a natural on stage, and a born performer.
5. She mastered the cat eye
6. She always remained herself
7. She racked up awards left and right.
8. She didn’t mind showing love and affection.
9. She was never scared to take her hair to new heights.
10. She wanted nothing more than to have a good time and connect with her fans.
It only took one song for many of us to fall in love.
May she continue to rest in peace.
PHOTO CREDIT: GETTY