The O.C. was not just another television series. It was our bible and boy, did we fall in love with it from day one. With this being the 10 year anniversary, it’s hard to believe that we lost something so dear to our hearts – and that we’re already old!
The characters on The O.C. became a part of our lives. Seth Cohen and Ryan Atwood were our knights in shining armor and we couldn’t pick who we liked better. Team Seth? Or Team Ryan?
Julie Cooper was the evil relative we could not bare to watch or wanted to be around. And who could forget Marissa or Summer? They were the coolest and you wanted to be besties with them til death do you part.
The O.C. was not just a guilty pleasure, it also taught us a bunch of life lessons. Thanks to Seth, Ryan, Summer and Marissa, we learned a thing or two about being teenagers before we had to face any of it ourselves. So here is a list of just some of the life lessons we learned from the cast of The O.C.!
1) Drinking your emotions away is acceptable
2) Being “friends with benefits” is hard to pull off
3) Group cuddle sessions are cute
4) Covering someone’s eyes while riding a bike is not always a good idea
5) Drinking and wanting to be stealth don’t mix well
6) Saying goodbye to things you love isn’t easy
7) Take up a hobby that your crush is into
8) Ruining the mood is awkward
9) You can become best friends with a stranger
10) One of the worst pick up lines is…
11) Breakups are not easy
12) If you don’t want to kiss, turn the other cheek
13) Mom and dad know best
14) Going for boat rides by yourself isn’t a good idea
15) Taking family photos can be cute
16) Not everything will work out as planned
17) Everyone has a saying
18) The young marry the old for their money
19) Be careful – your dad sees everything
20) Learn from your parents’ perfect marriage
21) Pinky swears seal the deal