Ja Rule is back in full effect. Earlier this week, Ja Rule released a new track titled “Fresh Out Da Pen,” and he’s right, the Murder, Inc. rapper is literally fresh out of prison.
Ja Rule and his right hand man Irv Gotti stopped by Hot 97′s Angie Martinez Show to talk about returning to music, life in prison, the reign of Murder, Inc. and how 50 Cent and the Feds destroyed his career.
It is #FlashbackFriday, so GlobalGrind decided to remind the masses of things we should #neverforget about Ja Rule. Do you remember where you were the first time you heard “Between Me & You?” Or what about Ja Rule yelling “holla holla” and “it’s murdaaa” at any given moment?
Well, we’re here to remind you. We’re glad Ja Rule is back, so here’s 16 things you should never forget about Ja Rule.
1. His Affinity For Doo-Rags
Oh, and his doo-rag/bandana combo….
And Even Untied Doo-Rags.
2. That Pain Is Actually Love
3. His Braid Phase….
3. Including his half braid half fro phase.
4. His Hip-Hop Love Song Mashups…wayyyyy before Drake.
5. Oh, and we can’t forget how he stamped J.Lo’s official hood pass.
6. Or remember his bucket hats?
Leather bucket hats included….
7. And his sideways visors….
9. And his bandanas.
10. Oh, and #neverforget how him and Ashanti dressed up like the hood version of “Danny” and “Sandy” from Grease in their “Mesmerize” video.
11. And when in a relationship Rule said it best….everything should always be kept “between me and you.”
12. Can’t forget his adorable smirk…
13. And if you ready to get “dollas” you gotta “holla.” Even Honey Boo Boo knows that.
15. Also, if you’re ever bored in your relationship….go get you some “thug lovin.”
16. And most importantly, we can #neverforget how Ja was basically shirtless most of his rap career.
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty