The president ordered a turkey and provolone creation. Biden had the “9th Street Italian.”
And when the two buddies were asked why they decided to have lunch at Taylor’s, Obama responded:
“Part of the reason we’re here is because we’re starving.”
We will, however, add that the president also picked Taylor’s because they were giving 10 percent discounts to those who are furloughed in D.C. And yes, the president got the discount as well.
“The other reason we’re here is that this establishment is giving 10% off to furloughed employees. This is an indication of how ordinary Americans are looking out for one another.”
Sweet! Anyway, D.C. went wild. Because the president ordered a dang sandwich.
POTUS and VPOTUS order at Taylor Gourmet (a Race Street and a 9th Street) pic.twitter.com/ZBscQnsWoG
— Phil Mattingly (@Phil_Mattingly) October 4, 2013
And though we can’t lie – it was great to see him walking the streets of D.C. – he’s no stranger to doing mad regular stuff all the time. I mean, minus the Secret Service stuff, the death threats, the government shutdown, an intense feud with Mr. Bitchy Resting Face and being the president and all.
But take a look…
1. President Obama Talking With Staffers & Customers at Taylor's Gourmet in Washington D.C.Source:Getty 1 of 8
2. President Obama Having A Drink With Friends In IrelandSource:Getty 2 of 8
3. President Obama playing a game of basketballSource:Getty 3 of 8
4. President Obama Walking To Lunch With Vice President Joe BidenSource:Twitter 4 of 8
5. President Obama Enjoying A Burger With First Lady Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 5 of 8
6. President Obama Having Lunch...With More BurgersSource:Getty 6 of 8
7. The President Celebrating At A Sporting EventSource:Getty 7 of 8
8. Obama Playing A Game Of Fetch With BoSource:Getty 8 of 8
Told you. But all these mad regular pictures brings us to one conclusion. Our president really loves a good sandwich.
Our kind of dude.
SOURCE: Buzzfeed | PHOTO CREDIT : Getty, Twitter