Ruben Studdard stole the hearts of Americans everywhere after winning the second season of American Idol back in 2003. Now, the crooner, known as the “Velvet Teddybear,” has decided to give reality television another shot. But this time he won’t be showing the world his vocal skills, instead, he’s attempting to win big on NBC’s The Biggest Loser.
The balladeer may be the most high-profile contestant this season, and weighing in at 462-pounds, he is definitely the heaviest.
However, Studdard, who has already lost 21 pounds, is not the first celebrity to shed the weight while in front of the camera. In fact, we have stood witness to many celebs making miraculous weight-loss transformations.
Check out our gallery below of before and after pics of celebs who’ve shed the pounds and kept it off!
Celebrity Weight Loss Before & After (PHOTOS)
1. Nicole "Snooki" Polizzi was a curvy girl during "Jersey Shore."Source:Getty 1 of 20
2. Snooks slimmed way down after the birth of her son Lorenzo.Source:Getty 2 of 20
3. Randy Jackson is the dog of "American Idol."Source:Getty 3 of 20
4. After lap band surgery, Mr. Jackson is a new man.Source:Getty 4 of 20
5. Christina Aguilera gained some...Source:Getty 5 of 20
6. and then lost some!Source:Getty 6 of 20
7. America Ferrera was never an "Ugly Betty."Source:Getty 7 of 20
8. But she's certainly come out of her shell.Source:Getty 8 of 20
9. Seth Rogen is a stoner's BFF.Source:Getty 9 of 20
10. Now he's more like a stoner BFF who likes to work out.10 of 20
11. Mo'nique is a boss.Source:Getty 11 of 20
12. Yep, still a boss.12 of 20
13. Nicole Richie gained some weight while in rehab in the early 2000s.Source:Getty 13 of 20
14. Now she's one of the most fashionable women on the planet.14 of 20
15. Khloe Kardashian was always gorgeous.Source:Getty 15 of 20
16. But now she's badder than ever.Source:Splash 16 of 20
17. Kelly Osbourne went through an awkward phase.Source:Getty 17 of 20
18. And she's come out of it glowing.Source:Getty 18 of 20
19. Perez Hilton struggled with his weight.Source:Getty 19 of 20
20. But no more.Source:Getty 20 of 20