Whatever you think about couple tattoos, you have to admit: it’s pretty badass to get something so permanent on your body in an effort to express your adulation.
So because we are feeling all romantic today, we rounded up celebrities who’ve taken their love to the next level by getting tatted up in their lover’s honor (unfortunately, most of them did not last – but that’s another post for another day). Take a look below and enjoy!
1. Before living happily ever after with Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie got her ex-hubby, Bill Bob Thornton, tattooed on her arm. Let's just say she has moved on and covered that tat up.
2 of 20
2. Talk about love. Nick Cannon proved his love by getting a massive tattoo of his wife Mariah Carey's name on his back.
3 of 20
3. Nas and Kelis were once hip-hop royalty. The "Illmatic" rapper showed his affection by getting a huge tattoo on his forearm of the "Milkshake" singer.
4 of 20
4. Kobe proved his love for his wife Vanessa by getting her name emblazoned on his arm.
5 of 20
5. Brody Jenner and Avril Lavigne were head-over-heels in love and got matching tattoos to prove it. Too bad they didn't make it to the end.
6 of 20
6. Before their 2008 nuptials, Bey & Jay got matching number 4 tattoos on their wedding fingers.
7 of 20
7. Professional soccer player David Beckham decided to "spice" up his relationship by getting his wife Victoria Beckham's name tatted on his hand.
8 of 20
8. Katy Perry and Russell Brand have parted ways, but both share matching Sanskrit tats which read, "go with the flow."
9 of 20
9. Before hooking up with hottie Olivier Martinez, Halle Berry was married to MBL player David Justice. Their marriage was bumpy, but that did not stop Mrs. Berry from getting his name tatted right on her booty.
10 of 20
10. Amy Winehouse loved her hubby so much that she got his name tatted on her chest.
11 of 20
11. Damn Jermaine! Mr. Dupri was not playing when he got his tattoo of his then-girlfriend, Janet Jackson.
12 of 20
12. Levi Johnston was once young in love with Bristol Palin, so much so, that he inked her first name on his ring finger. Too bad these two did not last.
13 of 20
13. We all know that Kelly Ripa loves her man, not only does she dote over him on her daily show "Live With Kelly & Michael," but she got his name tatted on her ankle.
14 of 20
14. Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green are smokin' hot and are expecting their second child. Megan proved her love to her hubby by tatting his name on her body.
15 of 20
15. This seemed like a match made in heaven. Although both have divorced and since moved on, we wonder if Marc ever got his tattoo with Jenn's name lasered off his wrist?
16 of 20
16. Chris Brown and Rihanna not only share a past, but they also share a love for ink. The two displayed their once budding relationship by getting matching cascading star tattoos.
17 of 20
17. Christina Aguilera got "I am my beloved and my beloved is mine" to commemorate her love for her then-hubby, Jordan Bratman. The two are now divorced and co-parenting their son.
18 of 20
18. Kat Von D has dozens of tats all over her body. So it is hard to spot the one she got of her ex-boo Jesse James as a child.
19 of 20
19. Tony Parker is expecting his first child with his new fiancee. However, his former wife & "Desperate Housewives" star, Eva Longoria had the b-ball player's jersey number "nine" tatted on her neck.
20 of 20
20. Nothing lasts forever. Such is the case with Johnny Depp's tattoo, which read, "Winona Forever," unfortunately his relationship with Winona Ryder ended back in the '90s.
Continue reading Couple Ink! Celebrities Who’ve Proved Their Love By Getting Tatted Up (PHOTOS)
Celebrities Who Proved Their Love By Getting Couple Tattoos (PHOTOS)