Over the last couple of weeks, we’ve seen French and Julius’ relationship sprout into something special. He feeds him, changes his diaper, lets him fly on his private jet and when’s he gone, French becomes noticeably depressed:
French even talked to Complex about Julius Ceasor. He really likes this monkey, even going so far as to say that he’s like his “son” and that “he sleeps in the bed.”
In the interview, French also mentions Bubbles, Michael Jackson’s famous primate pal.
Bubbles is the most famous monkey of all time. Julius is now also on that exclusive list. But who else makes it? Scroll through our gallery to see some of the most notable monkeys of all time.
1. Julius Ceasor: French Montana says that Julius is like a "son."
1 of 10
2. The IKEA Monkey: About a year ago, a monkey was seen roaming around an IKEA in Toronto, Canada. He became a sensation because he was wearing a magical shearling coat.
2 of 10
3. Mally: Justin Bieber's relationship with his monkey Mally didn't last long. The singer left the monkey in Germany after officials seized him.
3 of 10
4. Crystal the Monkey: Crystal is a full blown movie star; she has appeared in over a dozen movies, from "Dr. Dolittle" to "The Hangover Part II."
4 of 10
5. Suzy: In 2009, the Kardashian family took heat when they adopted a Chimpanzee, which they named Suzy.
5 of 10
6. Sonny: For years, NBA star Mike Miller hung around with a pet monkey named Sonny. When asked why he liked to chill with a monkey, Miller said, "because they're smarter than most people I hang around with."
6 of 10
7. Koko: Koko the Gorilla IS smarter than most people: He understands about 2,000 words of spoken English.
7 of 10
8. Bubbles: The most famous chimp of all time is Bubbles, who belonged to Michael Jackson. The pop star famously brought Bubbles to the Grammys back in the '80s.
8 of 10
9. Scatter: Michael Jackson wasn't the first pop star with a monkey. Back in the day, Elvis Presley had a monkey named Scatter.
9 of 10
10. Albert II: Albert II became the first monkey in space, doing it even before humans.
10 of 10