Being Mary Jane is cable television’s latest drama-filled series starring the beautiful Gabrielle Union, and guess what?
WE. ARE. HOOKED!
Gabrielle Union’s character, Mary Jane Paul, is a well-educated successful black woman taking the news world by storm.
Like most successful black women, Mary Jane struggles with balancing work life and relationships, taking care of her aging parents, dating, the looming child-bearing deadline, and being assertive at work without being labeled the “angry black woman.” Unfortunately for MJ, she’s battling the trials and tribulations of every circumstance you can think of.
Last night’s episode was filled with minute-to-minute drama, but no good series is without a few good life lessons. So in honor of last night’s drama, here are 15 life lessons we learned from an hour of Being Mary Jane.
1. Never Accept An Engagement From A Married Man.
2. Stealing Semen Is Never An Option (It’s Stealing & It’s Gross).
3. It’s Extremely Hurtful To Return & Upgrade Your Engagement Ring.
4. Ultimatums Are An Ineffective Form Of Terrorism.
5. Male Strippers Are Creepy.
6. If All He Does Is Make You Cry, Then He’s Not “The One.”
7. The Woman Who Catches A Man’s Eye Earns A Purse, The Woman That Captures His Heart Earns His World (Words to live & die by).
8. Notes To Self Are Important.
9. Send 1 Text Message and ONLY 1 Text Message!
10. Emasculating A Man Is Detrimental To Your Relationship.
11. Being The Other Woman Isn’t Worth The Trips, Designers Bags, Or Your Dignity.
12. Birthing Stretch Marks Are A Sign Of Strength…Embrace Them.
13. Withholding Sex Weakens A Marriage.
14. A Good Ladies Night Makes The World Go ‘Round.
15. Teen Pregnancy Is Truly A Tough Battle.