We guess this is a start, somewhat.
When conservative radio talk show host Ben Ferguson asked if he crossed the line and if he would apologize if he saw the Prez, Nugent responded:
“Yes, I would. I did cross the line. I do apologize – not necessarily to the President – but on behalf of much better men than myself.”
Nugent didn’t stop there. He continued by explaining that he should have used more “understandable” language. In addition to his words being tied to Republican politicians from his state, he is sort of sorry:
“For using the streetfighter terminology of ‘subhuman mongrel’ instead of just using more understandable language, such as ‘violator of his oath to the Constitution’.”
Listen to his apology via the video up above and determine if his apology is genuine for yourself. Our guess is, not so much.
1. President Obama Talking With Staffers & Customers at Taylor's Gourmet in Washington D.C.
2. President Obama Having A Drink With Friends In Ireland
3. President Obama playing a game of basketball
4. President Obama Walking To Lunch With Vice President Joe Biden
5. President Obama Enjoying A Burger With First Lady Michelle Obama
6. President Obama Having Lunch...With More Burgers
7. The President Celebrating At A Sporting Event
8. Obama Playing A Game Of Fetch With Bo
PHOTO CREDIT: Getty