On Thursday, Baltimore Ravens running back Ray Rice was indicted for charges stemming from a disturbing video that surfaced last month (above), in which he appears to be manhandling his unconscious fiancée in an Atlantic City elevator.
As we previously reported, the NFL star was charged with third-degree aggravated assault and faces three to five years in jail if convicted. In a sudden turn of events, however, the he’s married his fiancée who, again, appears unconscious in the footage.
According to recent reports, the pair put a rush on their wedding and got married yesterday following his indictment. TMZ reports:
“According to ESPN … Rice and Palmer tied the knot Friday in a ceremony that had been planned for a couple of weeks.”
Though it appears as though they married so that they wouldn’t be forced to testify against one another, the site reports that, that’s a non-issue because spousal privilege isn’t applicable in this case.
“In New Jersey, (and many other states) spousal privilege does NOT apply if the alleged crime was committed against your spouse.”
Stay tuned for more updates on this extremely bizarre case.
SOURCE: TMZ | PHOTO & VIDEO CREDIT: Getty, Youtube
10 Celebrity Couples Who've Stayed Together Despite Infidelity! (PHOTOS)
10 photos Launch gallery
1. Kobe Bryant issued an expensive apology when he was caught cheating on wife Vanessa Bryant back in 2003, $4 millions to be exact. The couple is still together 10 years later.
1 of 10
2. David Letterman came clean about his infidelity on his late night show, and his wife Regina Lasko has stayed by his side through it all.
2 of 10
3. Despite his famous sexting scandal, Huma Abedin has remained loyal to husband and forrmer US represenative Anthony Weiner.
3 of 10
4. Kristen Stewart broke Twi-hearts everywhere when she was caught cheating on boyfriend and Twilight co-star Robert Pattinson with the films director. But in true vampire love fashion, R Patz took K. Stew back after the scandal.
4 of 10
5. Ludacris' latest infidelities has produced a child, but longtime girlfriend Eudoxie has forgiven the rapper and is even considering tying the knot soon.
5 of 10
6. David Boreanaz claims that cheating on his Playboy Playmate wife Jaime Bergman was actually a bonding experience for the couple.
6 of 10
7. Just after announcing his engagement to Gabrielle Union, Dwayne Wade announced that he was having a child with a woman who isn't longtime girlfriend Gabby. Despite the new baby on the way, Gabrielle accepted Wades wedding proposal.
7 of 10
8. In 2012, Fergie revealed to Oprah that since husband Josh Duhmel cheated on her with a stripper, it has made their love "deeper."
8 of 10
9. In 1995, Hugh Grant was arrested for picking up a prostitute name Divine Brown, while dating British star Elizabeth Hurley. Hurley forgave him and they continued to date for several years before splitting in 2000.
9 of 10
10. Former President Bill Clinton is infamous for his affair with Monica Lewinsky, but former first lady Hilary Clinton stayed by his side.
10 of 10