#BringBackOurGirls: Nigerian Government Confirms They Know The Location Of Kidnapped Schoolgirls (DETAILS)

Comments:  | Leave A Comment

On Monday, a Nigerian official confirmed that the military knows the whereabouts of the missing 276 schoolgirls kidnapped by Boko Haram rebels in April.

The official, however, said the military could not disclose the location and will not use force to rescue them.

Chief of Defence Staff Air Marshal Alex Badeh said that “the good news for the parents of the girls is that we know where they are” but said he couldn’t reveal the location.

“But where they are held, can we go there with force? We can’t kill our girls in the name of trying to get them back,” he added.

Mr Badeh was addressing demonstrators who had marched to the ministry of defence in Abuja in support of the military’s fight against Boko Haram.

“Nobody should come and say the Nigerian military does not know what it’s doing,” he told the crowd. “We know what we are doing.”

“The president is solidly behind us. The president has empowered us to do the work.”

However, the U.S. forces tasked with aiding in the search could not confirm the report.

“We still don’t know where the girls are,” one U.S. official told NBC News.

Last week, the U.S. deployed an unmanned predator drone over Nigeria to help find the girls, and at least 80 American military personnel were dispatched to the neighboring country of Chad to help in the search.

News of the confirmed location comes as a deal to swap the girls for Boko Haram prisoners fell through. We’ll keep you updated with the latest in the search for the missing girls.

SOURCE: NBC, BBC | VIDEO SOURCE: News Inc.

Tags: » » » » » »

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus
Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 1,981 other followers