The search for twelve Marines who were involved in a helicopter crash just off the Hawaiian island of Oahu continues.
Reports say two CH-53 helicopters appear to have gone missing during a training flight on Thursday evening. Coast Guard spokesman Lt. Scott Carr said, “No mayday call was received, just word that something had gone wrong.”
Witnesses say they remember seeing a fireball in the distance, while investigators spotted a debris field about two miles north of Haleiwa Beach. Six people were on board each aircraft.
Investigators are faced with a difficult search, as waves up to 30 feet continue to spread out debris and evidence. Among the missing are four officers and eight enlisted Marines.
We pray for their families during this difficult time and will continue to keep you updated as more news surfaces. Click here for more information on the missing Marines.
SOURCE: CNN | VIDEO/PHOTO CREDIT: Inform, Getty
15 State Of The Union Moments From President Obama’s Final Address
15 photos Launch gallery
1. President Barack Obama arrives in the presidential limo on Capitol Hill for the final State of the Union address.
1 of 15
2. Vice President Joe Biden and House Speaker Paul Ryan greet at President Obama’s final State of the Union address.
2 of 15
3. Kim Davis gives a poker face prior to Obama’s arrival at Capitol Hill.
3 of 15
4. Bernie Sanders was just one of the presidential candidates at the SOTU address. The Vermont Senator was also present at the Joint Session of Congress prior to the event.
4 of 15
5. Biden greets civil rights leader and US representative John Lewis as they wait for the president.
5 of 15
6. Biden gives one last classic greeting to fellow politicians on Capitol Hill.
6 of 15
7. Ahmad Alkhalaf, 9, arrives at US Capitol Hill for the president’s speech. The Syrian refugee was invited by Rep. Seth Moulton after losing both of his arms in an ISIL bomb attack in Syria.
7 of 15
8. First Lady Michelle Obama and Jill Biden greet the crowd before the State of the Union address.
8 of 15
9. The first lady looked ravishing at her husband’s State of the Union address.
9 of 15
10. President Barack Obama arrives at Capitol Hill for his eight and final State of the Union address.
10 of 15
11. US Secretary of State John Kerry arrives at Capitol Hill for President Obama’s final State of the Union address.
11 of 15
12. Obama shared his final State of the Union address with Paul Ryan, the new speaker of the house.
12 of 15
13. Two nuns from The Little Sisters of the Poor arrive clap for the president upon his arrival. The sisters were invited by Speaker of the House Paul Ryan (R-Wis.)
13 of 15
14. Always in president’s corner, Joe Biden gives Obama a standing ovation at his final State of the Union address.
14 of 15
15. We’ll miss you President Obama!
15 of 15