Sean “Diddy” Combs is making history today. The hip-hop mogul officially launches Revolt TV – a music-oriented cable network set to focus on music videos, live performances, news, interviews and all things pop culture, driven by a younger crowd.
Revolt TV is set to be a breath of fresh air for our generation’s music – considering that the largest music television network – MTV – decided to cut out playing music videos altogether.
Fortunately, someone was able to recognize the huge gap left in music-television and that someone goes by multiple names: Diddy, Puff Daddy, Puffy, Sean Combs. But you can just call him “The Takeover,” because he’s about to revolutionize the music and television industry. Although it will take some time for the network to find its voice, we’re sure Revolt TV is destined for greatness.
So, it’s time to celebrate the man who started off as an intern and worked his way up to become the multi-millionaire he is now.
Do ya dance Diddy, ’cause we’re toasting the launch of Revolt TV by showcasing your biggest accomplishments in pop culture thus far.
Back in 1993 when he was “Puff Daddy,” the young aspiring entrepreneur started his own production company – Bad Boy Entertainment. Puff struck music gold when he became one of the main people in the industry at the time, responsible for cultivating the late-great Notorious B.I.G’s rap career.
After the death of Biggie in 1997, Puff released “I’ll Be Missing You,” a tribute song he dedicated to his good friend. The record featured B.I.G’s former wife, R&B singer Faith Evans, and went on to top the Billboard charts, launching Puff’s rap career.
Diddy’s platinum-selling debut album, No Way Out, featured appearances by icons such as Notorious B.I.G, Lil Kim, Ma$e, The Lox and many more. It was the third best-selling album of 1997, according to Billboard.
Which brings us to the Puffy and Ma$e era. The two rappers were inseparable during their run together, bringing us ’90s hits like, “Mo Money, Mo Problems,” “Been Around The World,” and “Can’t Nobody Hold Me Down,” among many other hot joints. Ma$e released his debut album, Harlem World, through Bad Boy Records.
By 1999, Diddy started to expand his growing empire and launched his own clothing line, Sean Jean. The fashion line became extremely successful, grossing millions, and even branching out to the fragrance world.
We can’t talk about Diddy’s accomplishments without bringing up the gorgeous Jennifer Lopez. The couple dated in the late ’90s – early 2000s and were considered hip-hop royalty. Diddy helped guide Jennifer’s successful music career and we can’t help but admit how good they looked together.
In 2010, Diddy closed a huge marketing deal with Ciroc and quickly became the frontman for the company. He helped with branding and transformed the beverage into a leading top-shelf vodka, while also introducing an entire “Ciroc” movement.
In the midst of building platforms for other artists, running million-dollar companies and raising a family, Diddy also managed to snag a few acting roles. He starred in the popular play, A Raisin in the Sun, and played himself in the hilarious fan favorite, Get Him To The Greek.
The mogul is a prime example of where hard work and dedication can take you. Revolt TV launches tonight, Oct. 21st at 8pm. It will be available on Comcast and Time Warner for now, but the first three hours of the broadcasting will stream live on Revolttv.com
Cheers to you Diddy!
42 Pics Of Cassie & All Her Sexiness! (PHOTOS)
1. Beach Goddess! Cassie And Her Amazing Bikini Body.Source:Instagram 1 of 41
2. Cassie Snaps A Sexy Mirror Selfie.Source:Instagram 2 of 41
3. Cassie Flashes Her Curves While Playing Ping Pong.Source:Instagram 3 of 41
4. Oh! Cassie Puckers Up In Her Bathing Suit.Source:Instagram 4 of 41
5. Cassie Is A Cutie.Source:Instagram 5 of 41
6. Cassie And Good Friend Adrienne Bailon Cuddle Up For A Pic!Source:Instagram 6 of 41
7. Good Life! Cassie Catches Rays By The Pool.Source:Instagram 7 of 41
8. Gorgeous! Cassie Teases The Camera With A Selfie.Source:Instagram 8 of 41
9. Flashing Lights! Cassie Does A Double Take.Source:Instagram 9 of 41
10. Look Back At It! Cassie Gets Flirty.Source:Instagram 10 of 41
11. Bike Chick! Cassie Posted Up Looking Fly As Usual.Source:Instagram 11 of 41
12. Happy Girls Are The Prettiest! Cassie Enjoying Life.Source:Instagram 12 of 41
13. Cassie Poses For A Quick Flick!Source:Instagram 13 of 41
14. Cassie And Draya Are Two Bad Chicks.Source:Instagram 14 of 41
15. Legs! Cassie Boo'd Up With Diddy.Source:Instagram 15 of 41
16. Model Fab! Cassie Working The Camera.Source:Instagram 16 of 41
17. Damn Cassie!Source:Instagram 17 of 41
18. A Red Bikini Wearing Cassie!Source:Instagram 18 of 41
19. Hot Bod! Cassie Flaunts Her Ridiculous Figure.Source:Instagram 19 of 41
20. Pool Lovin'! Cassie Relaxes With A Glass Of Wine.Source:Instagram 20 of 41
21. A Half-Shaved Head Cassie...Killin' It!Source:Instagram 21 of 41
22. Cassie Rockin' Red Lips!Source:Instagram 22 of 41
23. Back It Up! Cassie And A Model Friend On Set.Source:Instagram 23 of 41
24. Vacation Mode. Cassie Lookin' Fab!Source:Instagram 24 of 41
25. Cassie Modeling For Forever21.Source:Instagram 25 of 41
26. Cassie Sneaks In A Hot Pic!Source:Instagram 26 of 41
27. Cassie Looking Chic.Source:Instagram 27 of 41
28. Shine Bright! Cassie Being Playful.Source:Instagram 28 of 41
29. Aww! Cassie Being A Sweetie and Sexy At The Same Time!Source:Instagram 29 of 41
30. Cassie Shows Off Her Amazing Skin.Source:Instagram 30 of 41
31. Cassie Is A Fine A*s Girl!Source:Instagram 31 of 41
32. Cassie Flaunts Her Signature Hair Style.Source:Instagram 32 of 41
33. Ridin' Around, Gettin' It! Cassie Is Fierce.Source:Instagram 33 of 41
34. Ciroc Girl! Cassie Representing For Her Man Diddy.Source:Instagram 34 of 41
35. What A Babe! Cassie Smiling.Source:Instagram 35 of 41
36. Cassie Posing For Esquire Magazine.Source:Instagram 36 of 41
37. Cassie Having A Sexy Moment With A Friend.Source:Instagram 37 of 41
38. Cake! Cassie Taking A Dip.Source:Instagram 38 of 41
39. Baddie! Cassie In An All While Bathing Suit.Source:Instagram 39 of 41
40. Cassie Rocking A Dope Outfit.Source:Instagram 40 of 41
41. Beautiful! Cassie Is Glowing.Source:Instagram 41 of 41
PHOTO CREDIT: GETTY, INSTAGRAM