We knew T-Boz and Chilli were planning something special for their performance at the 2013 American Music Awards but this was definitely unexpected.
The girl group hit the stage to perform their groundbreaking hit “Waterfalls” and low and behold it wasn’t just the two of them on stage and back up dancers.
Lil Mama took the third spot on stage that once belonged to Left Eye. Starring as the fem-cee in the group’s Vh1 biopic the transition was somewhat natural but certainly took viewers by surprise.
Nevertheless it was a performance we’ll never forget. Check it out in the video above.
Celebs Hit The 2013 American Music Awards Red Carpet (PHOTOS)
21 photos Launch gallery
1. Taylor Swift was ever so sparkly.
1 of 21
2. Kendall and Kylie Jenner rock black and white.
2 of 21
3. Zendaya rocked super long mermaid hair and all white.
3 of 21
4. Daddy's girl. Miley poses with her pops Billy Ray Cyrus.
4 of 21
5. Jennifer Hudson flaunted her short hair and leg in orange.
5 of 21
6. Ciara was super sexy letting skin show through an almost completely see-through dress.
6 of 21
7. Ariana Grande went a little Jessica Rabbit with a sequence number.
7 of 21
8. Naya Rivera show off major cleavage in a black dress
8 of 21
9. Katy Perry kept it quirky with a polka dot number
9 of 21
10. R.Kelly was on the scene.
10 of 21
11. Giuliana Rancic looked perfect in a copper number.
11 of 21
12. R.Kelly was on the scene.
12 of 21
13. Kendall Jenner stuns in all white everything.
13 of 21
14. Kylie kept it class in black and white.
14 of 21
15. One Direction band mates matched in grey and black.
15 of 21
16. Kelly Osbourne prepared for the chilly weather with a long sleeve dress.
16 of 21
17. Nicole Richie donned a mid-riff revealing white dress.
17 of 21
18. Tyga stunted in a shiny blazer.
18 of 21
19. Zoe Saldana served some pattern
19 of 21
20. Christina Aguilera was another in all white.
20 of 21
21. Heidi Klum let some skin show in a fringe number.
21 of 21