The Obama daughters might be two of the most popular kids in the country, but they still aren’t allowed to be on Facebook!
Michelle Obama and Barack Obama recently sat down with Barbara Walters for a 20/20 interview, and this time it was very family-focused.
The First Lady spoke out on the topics of Facebook and social media for young people, as well as what it means for her two girls.
She said in the interview:
‘I still am not a big believer in Facebook for young people. . . particularly for them, because they’re in the public eye.’
‘Some of its stuff they don’t need to see and be a part of. . . So we try to protect them from too much of the public voice.’
Despite not being allowed to use social media yet, apparently Malia is already allowed to date!
Michelle wouldn’t reveal if she is seeing anyone right now, but her mother is excited to see the girls grow as people when they’re out of the Presidential spotlight.
‘You know, we think about not just her life here, but her life after,’ said Mrs Obama. ‘Because she’s gotta be an independent, strong, smart, capable woman in the world. So she has to get her training now.’
She also said that the White House is their “sanctuary”:
‘The girls are there and they dominate,’ she said. ‘They’re not talking about issues of the day, they’re talking about issues of their day, which has nothing to do with what is going on in the rest of the world.
‘Everyone has to have their safe haven, a place of peace and calm: that’s home for us,’ Mrs Obama added, saying that she ‘tries to stay out’ of the President’s ear when he is home. ‘He already has enough people in his ear,’ she said.
POTUS also hinted at his future plans after presidency. Sasha will be a sophomore in high school in 2016 and Obama said the family would take her education into account before deciding whether to stay in Washington, D.C. or move back to Chi-town.
“You know we gotta make sure that she’s doing well… until she goes off to college. Sasha will have a big say in where we are.”
These two really know how to run a stern, but fun household. The girls are really growing into some classy young ladies!
Check out their interview here!
SOURCE: ABC News, Huff Post
33 Of Michelle Obama's Flyest Style Moments (PHOTOS)
24 photos Launch gallery
1. We all know Michelle loves color! And we can't blame her, this dress looks too cute.
1 of 24
2. Michelle in this dress was unforgettable and one of our fave looks.
2 of 24
3. In her signature pick of a printed dress, we give you thumbs up, Michelle.
3 of 24
4. We absolutely adore pictures of our President and First Lady. Michelle keeps it simple while getting snapped with her hubby.
4 of 24
5. Michelle opts for prints while on vacation.
5 of 24
6. Michelle killed it with her black and red floral dress at the 50th Anniversary Of MLK's March On Washington.
6 of 24
7. Michelle Obama shows off her leg game, first lady style.
7 of 24
8. Arriving to Buckingham Palace, Michelle shows the British some of her USA style.
8 of 24
9. Michelle Obama looks gorgeous in a champagne dress alongside great accessories.
9 of 24
10. Michelle Obama shows off her curves with taste by adding a simple belt to her outfit.
10 of 24
11. Michelle Obama caught eyes at the Democratic National Convention.
11 of 24
12. Michelle Obama waving to the crowd in style during the Presidential Inaugural Parade.
12 of 24
13. Yes! Michelle Obama looks like perfection rocking this beautiful gown in London at the State Banquet.
13 of 24
14. Oh, Kill Em! Michelle Obama rocking all black from head to toe.
14 of 24
15. Michelle sizzles up the heat in her red dress at the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner.
15 of 24
16. The added drop earrings to Michelle's red hot dress amps up the class.
16 of 24
17. Michelle Obama must know a real fashionista looks cute at all times, even when walking the dog.
17 of 24
18. Supporting her man in style, Michelle Obama at Obama's first inauguration.
18 of 24
19. Michelle Obama's printed skirt makes her sophisticated look fun.
19 of 24
20. Michelle Obama's outfit shines (literally!) with the help of some sparkle and pearls.
20 of 24
21. Michelle Obama rocks a one-shouldered silk chiffon organza gown for the Inauguration Ball.
21 of 24
22. Michelle Obama is definitely a fan of floral prints, she looks stunning showing off her lovely lady lumps.
22 of 24
23. Michelle Obama makes a fashion statement with her all purple outfit.
23 of 24
24. Hand in hand with Mr. President Obama, Michelle radiates in the colorful gown of choice.
24 of 24