First off, don’t spell Mathew Knowles‘ name wrong. There’s only one “t” in Mathew, according to Beyonce‘s hilarious dad, so get it straight.
Secondly, he may not be Bey’s manager anymore, but he’s still managing the group that’s responsible for kicking off her superstardom, and Destiny’s Child is only one of the most successful girl groups of all time, so, understand that as well.
In case it isn’t clear yet, the 63-year-old music executive – and grandpa to dancing machine Blue Ivy Carter – recently took a few moments to set the record straight, hitting up The Roula and Ryan Show to dish the juicy deets on all things Beyhive.
He started off by dispelling rumors that his daughter and son-in-law Jay Z are headed for divorce. Next, he moved on to Hov’s infamous elevator altercation with Solange and then, he followed up by answering questions about Destiny’s Child, and more.
According to Mathew, it’s all a “Jedi mind trick” created to increase ticket sales during touring season. We can’t lie – that would definitely explain a lot.
Here are a few excerpts, spotted at NecoleBitchie:
Mathew: …sometime, ignite that tour. It’s called a “Jedi Mind Trick.” The Jedi Mind Trick fools you a lot of times so things you see sometimes are *poof.*
Host: So you think the argument…that Solange was hitting Jay Z in that elevator, do you think they knew it was being recorded and wanted to get out there?
Mathew: All I know is the “Jedi Mind Trick.” Everybody’s talking about it. Ticket sales went up. Solange’s album sales went up 200%. Hmm, I don’t know.
As far as whether or not he and Bey still talk:
We still talk every Sunday. She’s still the humble, generous person that she’s always been.
Once those divorce rumors got started, it’s been more than difficult to shut them down. Maybe, just maybe, this rare tell-all moment will do the trick.
As far as Destiny’s Child goes, the group might be making history very, very soon. To find out how, check out a clip of Mathew’s interview up above.
Destiny's Child's Best Red Carpet Moments (PHOTOS)
30 photos Launch gallery
1. Destiny's Child in 1998.
1 of 30
2. The 2000s shoe game was serious.
2 of 30
3. Destiny's Child rocked midriffs and skirts way before Kim K did!
3 of 30
4. All red everything.
4 of 30
5. Talk to the hand!
5 of 30
6. Light and colorful in 2000.
6 of 30
7. And then there were three...
7 of 30
8. B starts to secure her spot in the middle for photos.
8 of 30
9. Pleather was a music group's best friend back in the day.
9 of 30
10. Check out Michelle's retro purple eyeshadow.
10 of 30
11. Looking classy at the 2000 VH1 Vogue Fashion Awards.
11 of 30
12. Matching strappy sandals!
12 of 30
13. Pretty in pink.
13 of 30
14. Ringing in 2001 at the Grammys.
14 of 30
15. Pretty in pink part 2: Swirls.
15 of 30
16. Six hands, six Grammys.
16 of 30
17. Kelly snagged a center spot.
17 of 30
18. B showing some major skin.
18 of 30
19. Lookin' good ladies.
19 of 30
20. Bedazzled jeans!
20 of 30
21. Brief stint as boy scouts in 2001.
21 of 30
22. TRL should count as a red carpet, too. Carson Daly!
22 of 30
23. So sleek in New York.
23 of 30
24 of 30
25. Belt game strong.
25 of 30
26. You know you've made it when you have your own dolls.
26 of 30
27. Fringes: Trendy then, trendy now.
27 of 30
28. That time Destiny's Child wore white after Labor Day in 2001.
28 of 30
29. And again.
29 of 30
30. That is one [Sasha] fierce side eye coming from Bey.
30 of 30