Cory Hardrict has lived a hard life, but it’s that same life that’s helping him make a name for himself in Hollywood, starring in the latest film from Clint Eastwood and Warner Bros. – American Sniper. In it, Cory plays D, a good friend of Bradley Cooper’s protagonist Chris Kyle, a soldier of the Iraq War. The movie hits theaters everywhere on January 16th, but has already broken records during its limited release on Christmas Day.
Cory stopped by the No Judgment Zone with BlogXilla to discuss the film, what it was like struggling in Hollywood, and his marriage to Tia Mowry.
Over the years, Cory’s hard work helped him make some great relationships, including with Mr. Clint Eastwood himself. Cory dropped this dime about the legend:
“That’s a great guy to me. He’s always welcomed me with open arms. While on Grand Torino, we ate lunch every day for two weeks straight. He told me one piece of advice that I’d remember for the rest of my career, ‘Never worry about what you’re going to get, just always show them what you got, Cory.’ I was like, wow! Then it hit me later, I’m not going to worry about that other stuff, I’m just going to show them what I got, because they can’t take that away from me.”
This dedication taught Cory that if you want it, go fight for it; even in an age when most actors don’t want to compete for a role in favor of agents snagging them an offer.
Cory also opened up about meeting his wife Tia Mowry:
“I had odd jobs. I worked at K-Mart during the graveyard shift doing security. I was just grinding, I met my wife during those days and she was with me when she was coming out of Sister, Sister. They had everything, man and I didn’t have anything. I had a studio apartment, sleeping in the corner with no furniture for almost two years.”
Normally a lot of men are intimidated by a successful woman, but not Cory. He revealed it wasn’t what he saw in Tia, rather the other way around:
“I think it was what my wife saw in me. She saw an honest man who had a dream. I just had a vision. I didn’t come in selling no games. Cats gotta front and be like they somebody when they not, and that’s not me. I roll alone. You born alone, you die alone. I feel like a man can just hold his own and be a man. I don’t have to play games with anybody and she respected that.”
Cory also goes on to talk about losing his brother and raising his son Cree. Check out the full No Judgment Zone above and be sure to subscribe to GlobalGrind TV to catch episodes every Wednesday at 5 p.m.
36 Photos Of Tia & Tamera Mowry & Their Adorable Little Boys! (PHOTOS)
36 photos Launch gallery
1. Tia's little boy Cree keeps it real in his adorable puffer vest!
1 of 36
2. Tia Mowry works it out on the set of her new Nick at Nite show "Instant Mom."
2 of 36
3. Cree and his mama head out for a little lunch date!
3 of 36
4. This workin' mama rocks her shades for a good cause on the set of "Instant Mom."
4 of 36
5. Cree and his proud papa take advantage of a photo op together.
5 of 36
6. Baby Cree looks out onto the city below while kickin' it with his mama!
6 of 36
7. Tia is all smiles while working on her new show.
7 of 36
8. Cree hangs with his new turtle friend at school and shows off his dope braids.
8 of 36
9. The champ is here! Cree chows down on some delicious food in his Halloween costume.
9 of 36
10. Tia and her little superhero spend the day together at the pumpkin patch.
10 of 36
11. Daddy and baby Aden chow down together.
11 of 36
12. Tamera and her little man send smooches and smiles to all their fans!
12 of 36
13. Cree scopes out all the toys at school!
13 of 36
14. Tia and Tamera share a sweet treat together!
14 of 36
15. Aden gets a lift from dad while out with the family.
15 of 36
16. Mommy and Aden share a laugh!
16 of 36
17. On Instagram straight flexin'! Tia poses with some friends.
17 of 36
18. Tamera sends kisses to her loyal fans.
18 of 36
19. Tia and her hubby snap this precious selfie together!
19 of 36
20. Tamera and her little man share a simple, but elegant photoshoot together.
20 of 36
21. We're totally obsessed with this family portrait!
21 of 36
22. Tamera and her gal pals glam it up for the camera.
22 of 36
23. Tamera shows off her luscious ombre locks!
23 of 36
24. How gorgeous are Tamera's shades?
24 of 36
25. Tamera and her man walk hand in hand with their little guy!
25 of 36
26. Aden kicks it with his auntie for a day on the rooftop.
26 of 36
27. Aden is all smiles all the time when he's with his mama!
27 of 36
28. Tamera snaps a pic before choppin' it up with Arsenio Hall.
28 of 36
29. Tamera bares it all, going makeup-less for Instagram.
29 of 36
30. Tamera snaps a selfie as she shares the backseat with her little dude!
30 of 36
31. Seriously. Best family photos ever.
31 of 36
32. Aden is probably the cutest baby we've ever seen!
32 of 36
33. Tamera catches her little man sleeping and shares it with the world.
33 of 36
34. Tia is rockin' the hell out of that fedora!
34 of 36
35. Aden hangs with his auntie.
35 of 36
36. Too cute! Tamera and Aden share this special moment with fans!
36 of 36