The untimely deaths of Biggie and Tupac will haunt the hip-hop world for many years to come, so of course when Faith Evans sat down with Huff Post Live, the subject came up yet again.
Faith, Biggie’s wife at the time, told Huff Post’s Nancy Redd that she wants the case to be reopened and believes there’s still some investigating to be done.
“All we can do is hope that that happens. But we’re just happy that we’re here to preserve his legacy and [make sure] his kids are happy and they’re living great lives.”
“The only way you can look at it is tragic. Tragic and senseless,” she said.
And as conspiracies run rampant nearly 20 years after his murder, Faith doesn’t believe that the East Coast vs. West Coast rivalry had anything to do with the shooting. “It’s a little deeper than that. I think all the things that came with it definitely added to the hype of things. The whole media element, and people being able to say what they think and not be accurate,” she said.
Faith holds strong that the LAPD knows way more than they’re letting on – including who the murderer is. “We know he was murdered, but we believe that the LAPD knows who’s responsible. That’s what we believe,” she concluded.
SOURCE: Pigeons And Planes, Huffington Post | VIDEO SOURCE: Huffington Post
10 Facts You Might Have Not Known About The Notorious B.I.G.
10 photos Launch gallery
1. Biggie Attended a Great High School
1 of 10
2. One of Biggie's Closest Friends Was Openly Gay
2 of 10
3. Biggie Couldn't Drive
3 of 10
4. Fat Joe Booked Biggie's First Show
4 of 10
5. The Baby on Ready to Die Isn't Biggie
5 of 10
6. Biggie Planned On Making Five Albums and Then Retiring
6 of 10
7. Questlove Tried To Apologize For The "What They Do"
7 of 10
8. E-40 Saved Biggie's Life
8 of 10
9. Biggie and the Junior Mafia Had a Fistfight with Hurricane Starang of the O.G.C.
9 of 10
10. The Last Movie Biggie Saw Was "Donnie Brasco"
10 of 10