A year after Bobbi Kristina Brown was found unconscious and face down in the bathtub of her Atlanta, Georgia townhouse, fans, relatives, and admirers alike are still awaiting details about just what happened to the 22-year-old daughter of pop diva Whitney Houston and R&B crooner Bobby Brown.
But Bobbi Kristina’s aunt, Leolah Brown, wrote a lengthy Facebook post on Wednesday saying that she knows exactly what happened to her and will reveal it in a forthcoming book.
One thing for sure is that authorities in Fulton County, Georgia say they know how Bobbi died, but a court order has blocked the release of that information until further notice.
We also know that her estate has hit long-time boyfriend, Nick Gordon, with a $40 million wrongful death lawsuit, claiming that he fought with Brown on January 31, gave her a toxic cocktail, and then put her face down in the tub of water in which he later claimed to find her.
Gordon’s lawyers have called for the suit to be dropped, calling the accusations “slanderous.”
The grisly discovery of Bobbi Kristina came within days of the three-year anniversary of her mother’s death. Whitney Houston was found dead in the bathtub of her suite at the Beverly Hilton on Feb. 11, 2012. The official coroner’s report showed that she had accidentally drowned. Heart disease and cocaine use were listed as contributing factors.
Bobbi Kristina never regained consciousness and died July 26 of last year after an extended stay in hospice care. Indeed, rumors and familial infighting and recriminations have surrounded the death.
Further adding to the mystery are charges against a woman accused of impersonating a nurse at the facility where Bobbi Kristina Brown died. The woman, Taiwo Bolatito Sobamowo, has been arrested and charged with multiple counts of fraud, but a police report obtained by The Associated Press gave no indication that she affected Brown’s care in any way.
Gordon, who has not been charged in the death, has taken to social media to proclaim his innocence and profess his love for the one-time reality television star. He was criticized over the Christmas holiday for posting a Photoshopped image of him and Bobbi Kristina.
He defended the card, saying he can do what he wants to remember his late fiancée, writes Essence:
“I know some of you guys are influenced by the media,” he tweeted. “But that’s my baby girl and [I will] always forever continue to post pics. Happy Holidays.”
Gordon superimposed an old image of he and Brown from the 2012 Grammy Awards. In the new photo, the two are wearing Santa hats with presents in their laps with a greeting that “Merry Christmas.”
Since the tragedy, Gordon has moved from Georgia to Florida, and completed a stint in rehab for substance-abuse issues, according to various media reports.
We hope investigators close the case soon so that family and fans can finally learn the truth.
Rest in peace, Bobbi Kristina Brown.
SOURCE: Essence | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Twitter, Facebook | VIDEO CREDIT: Inform
Bobbi Kristina Through The Years (PHOTOS)
25 photos Launch gallery
1. Bobby Brown, singer Whitney Houston, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive to Los Angeles on June 9, 1993.
1 of 25
2. Whitney Houston, singer Bobby Brown, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown attend Bobby Brown's 25th Birthday Party on February 4, 1994 at Tavern on the Green.
2 of 25
3. Bobby Brown and daughter Bobbi Kristina circa March 1994.
3 of 25
4. Bobby Brown, singer Whitney Houston, and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive from New York City on June 18, 1995.
4 of 25
5. Mommy's girl! Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown depart for New York City on July 1, 1995 at Los Angeles International Airport.
5 of 25
6. Singer Whitney Houston and daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown attend "The Preacher's Wife" premiere together in New York City on December 9, 1996.
6 of 25
7. Whitney Houston, Bobby Brown, & Bobbi at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills circa October '98.
7 of 25
8. Daughter Bobbi walks the carpet with her mother Whitney Houston in March of 1999.
8 of 25
9. Whitney Houston with her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown and husband Bobbi Brown onstage during a concert on July 16, 1999.
9 of 25
10. Whitney Houston kisses her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown during the 1st Annual BET Awards on June 19, 2001.
10 of 25
11. Bobby, Whitney, and Bobbi pose for a flick at he 2002 VH1 Divas show.
11 of 25
12. Whitney, Bobby, and Bobbi smile during Praise Power in 2003.
12 of 25
13. The Browns posed with Mickey and Minnie at "The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement" premiere.
13 of 25
14. Bobbi Kristina Brown and Whitney Houston perform in Central Park on September 1, 2009.
14 of 25
15. Bobbi and Whitney wore all black to the 2009 American Music Awards.
15 of 25
16. Bobbi hugs her mother at the 2011 Pre-GRAMMY Gala and Salute To Industry Icons Honoring David Geffen.
16 of 25
17. Whitney Houston and her daughter Bobbi Kristina Brown arrive at Kelly Price & Friends Unplugged: For The Love Of R&B GRAMMY Party.
17 of 25
18. Bobbi Kristina arriving at Whigham Funeral Home for a private viewing for her mother, Whitney Houston.
18 of 25
19. Pat Houston and Bobbi Kristina Brown accept the Millennium Award on behalf of Whitney Houston onstage at the 2012 Billboard Music Awards.
19 of 25
20. Bobbi Kristina and Nick Gordon at the premiere of "Sparkle" at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.
20 of 25
21. Bobbi salutes the poster for her mother's movie during the premiere of "Sparkle" at Grauman's Chinese Theater in Hollywood.
21 of 25
22. Bobbi Kristina at the We Will Always Love You: A GRAMMY Salute to Whitney event.
22 of 25
23. Cissy Houston and Bobbi Kristina Brown attend "The Houstons: On Our Own" Series Premiere Party at the Tribeca Grand Hotel in NYC.
23 of 25
24. Nick Gordon kisses Bobbi Kristina Brown at "The Houstons: On Our Own" series premiere party.
24 of 25
25. Bobbi Kristina Brown attends the GRAMMY Gift Lounge during the 56th Grammy Awards at Staples Center.
25 of 25