A pregnant mother who was devastated to learn that one of her twin fetuses is unlikely to survive, has drawn comfort in knowing that his sister is there for him.
Doctors have informed the parents, Ian and Brittani McIntire of Hutchinson, Kansas, that they don’t think the boy (who they’ve already named Mason) will survive, reports 6ABC.
Though the news at the last doctor appointment may have been heartbreaking, a sonogram did show that the twins were holding hands in the womb.
Brittani recalled, “We didn’t really see much, she said there’s his hand and there’s her hand and it looks like they’re holding hands.”
“His only chance of survival would be heart surgery but they wouldn’t do heart surgery on him because of his brain,” Brittani told CBS affiliate KWCH.
Brittani said, “Most twins when she’s trying to take pictures and stuff, they’re kicking each other and hitting each other, and she said with our twins, it seems like she was very protective over him.”
Ian is happy to have a lasting image of the two, saying, “We know we have a piece of them together that will last forever and it’s special to have.”
Brittani is at peace knowing that someone is there for Mason.
“She’s the only one who can actually be there and holding onto him through it,” Brittani added. “So it’s comforting to know that if he does pass, he won’t be alone.”
We’ve never seen anything sweeter.
SOURCE: ABC, KWCH, | VIDEO SOURCE: Inform
The Cutest Celebrity Kids Of 2015
24 photos Launch gallery
1. Fabolous & Emily B.'s son Jonas turned 6 months at the start of December.
1 of 24
2. Blue Ivy comes to America in the flyest way possible.
2 of 24
3. King Cairo and Bash are your modern day Batman and Robin.
3 of 24
4. If you're talking cute kids, you've got to include the Disick children.
4 of 24
5. Besos from 50 Cent's youngest son, Sire.
5 of 24
6. Heart eyes emoji for Baby Royalty.
6 of 24
7. North West needs no introduction.
7 of 24
8. Diddy's beautiful girls can't stop, won't stop.
8 of 24
9. Princess Bosh is so smart.
9 of 24
10. Jhene Aiko's daughter Nami turns 7.
10 of 24
11. Focusing on Justice and his dancing for a moment.
11 of 24
12. Baby Future in Hong Kong.
12 of 24
13. Tamera Mowry's mini-me Ariah Talea Housley.
13 of 24
14. One more...
14 of 24
15. Ariah's big brother Aden.
15 of 24
16. Little Laiyah Brown is precious.
16 of 24
17. Cree and his crew.
17 of 24
18. Jessica Simpson's mini-me, young Maxwell.
18 of 24
19. Baby Titan at the pumpkin patch.
19 of 24
20. Young Melo.
20 of 24
21. One of the strongest girls we know, Miss Leah Still.
21 of 24
22. Young Curry!
22 of 24
23. Baby Ryan Curry is too sweet!
23 of 24
24. Lorenzo is such a little man now.
24 of 24