The 2016 Oscars may be centered around a lack of diversity and Leonardo DiCaprio‘s much deserved first win, but we can’t forget about the music. Check out the best Oscars performances below.
Sam Smith performs “Writing’s On The Wall” from Spectre
The Weeknd performs “Earned It” from Fifty Shades Of Grey
Presented by Joe Biden with a message about rape culture and consent, Lady Gaga performs “Til It Happens To You” from The Hunting Ground surrounded by sexual assault survivors.
RED CARPET RECAP: The 2016 Academy Awards
24 photos Launch gallery
1. Jennifer Lawrence goes for sheer.
1 of 24
2. Eniko serves lots of leg on the carpet with Kevin Hart.
2 of 24
3. Olivia Munn is all smiles in a bright, orange gown.
3 of 24
4. Tina Fey is vibrant in purple.
4 of 24
5. The Weeknd cleans up nicely.
5 of 24
6. Suited up! Jared Leto is here.
6 of 24
7. Reese Witherspoon also opts for purple.
7 of 24
8. Jack and Rose. Will Leo win his Oscar tonight?
8 of 24
9. Lady in red! How gorgeous in Charlize Theron?
9 of 24
10. Lady Gaga in a Brandon Maxwell jumpsuit.
10 of 24
11. Rachel McAdams is on fire.
11 of 24
12. Pharrell's still rocking blonde hair. He arrived with his wife, Helen.
12 of 24
13. Sylvester Stallone walks the carpet with Jennifer Flavin.
13 of 24
14. Queen. Kerry Washington serves lots of leg.
14 of 24
15. Ben who? Jennifer Garner keeps it classic in all black.
15 of 24
16. Date night! Chrissy Teigen and John Legend arrive to the 2016 Oscars.
16 of 24
17. S T U N N I N G. Priyanka Chopra in a sheer, white gown.
17 of 24
18. Olivia Wilde in Valentino.
18 of 24
19. Brie Larson in custom Gucci.
19 of 24
20. Are you feeling Heidi Klum's Marchesa gown?
20 of 24
21. Yes! The gorgeous Sofia Vergara walks the carpet in Marchesa, as well.
21 of 24
22. Jason Sudeikis chose to forego Jordans on the red carpet😦
22 of 24
23. Common looks too smooth in an all-white tuxedo.
23 of 24
24. Mindy Kalingin an elegant look by Elizabeth Kennedy.
24 of 24