After a week of wondering whether Jada Pinkett Smith or Will Smith would respond to Chris Rock‘s jabs during his Oscars monologue, Jada has finally broken her silence.
“Look, it comes with the territory. We gotta keep it moving. We got a lot of stuff we got to handle, a lot of stuff going on in our world right now. We gotta keep it moving,” Jada said to paparazzi while walking through LAX, seemingly taking it all in stride. The actress announced she and her husband would be boycotting the awards due to the Academy’s lack of diverse nominees and a perceived snub for Will’s role in Concussion.
During this year’s Academy Awards, host Chris Rock joked that Jada wouldn’t have been invited to the awards anyway and poked fun at Will Smith, saying, “It’s not fair that Will was this good and didn’t get nominated. You’re right. It’s also not fair that Will was paid $20 million for Wild Wild West!”
Now that the Smiths and Chris Rock appear to be on good terms, it’s time to get back to the larger issue at hand: fixing Hollywood’s diversity issue.
SOURCE: Entertainment Tonight | VIDEO SOURCE: Inform
All The Moments From The 2016 Oscar After Parties You Need To See
24 photos Launch gallery
1. Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock kept it straight-faced for this flick after the Oscars.
1 of 24
2. Jessica Biel, Amy Adams, and Demi Lovato got a little ratchet at the 2016 Vanity Fair Oscar Party by taking their shoes off and enjoying themselves.
2 of 24
3. There are no boxes for Andy Samberg, Justin Timberlake, or Keegan-Michael Key to put anything inside of during this party.
3 of 24
4. Brie Larson had a great time after her Oscar win. Laugh it up!
4 of 24
5. Smooches. Chrissy Teigen couldn't make a face this time as her husband John Legend planted a wet one on her.
5 of 24
6. Wiz Khalifa appears to be enjoying the view, as Charlize Theron chats at the Vanity Fair after party.
6 of 24
7. Sam Smith shares a moment with a worker at the Oscars after party.
7 of 24
8. Kerry Washington wasn't ready, as she jokes with someone off camera while taking a flick with Kate Beckinsale.
8 of 24
9. Wiz Khalifa chats it up with Jeremy Renner at the 2016 Vanity Fair Oscars After Party.
9 of 24
10. The original Creed, Carl Weathers, talks with Michael Strahan and Aaron Paul.
10 of 24
11. Bad Boys: French Montana and Diddy kick it with Chris Rock and Toby Maguire.
11 of 24
12. Catching up! Here's Paula Patton and Anthony Mackie.
12 of 24
13. Paula Patton and Anthony Mackie were having a great time together at the Vanity Fair party.
13 of 24
14. Caitlyn Jenner and Vanity Fair's beauty director SunHee Grinnell attend the 2016 Vanity Fair Oscar Party.
14 of 24
15. Common is the center of attention during this after party.
15 of 24
16. Jason Sudeikis and his wife Olivia Wilde kick it with Aaron Paul. What you drinking, Jason?
16 of 24
17. Caitlyn Jenner and Lady Gaga share words during the Vanity Fair Oscar Party.
17 of 24
18. Kerry Washington poses with Serena Williams. The good guys wear white.
18 of 24
19. Put 'em up! Alessandra Ambrosio is ready for anything.
19 of 24
20. Chris Rock talks with the night's big winner, Leonardo DiCaprio.
20 of 24
21. Kevin Hart rocks out to the tunes at QuestLove at his official Oscar's After Party.
21 of 24
22. Do you see his dance moves in that tux?
22 of 24
23. La La and Kelly Rowland rocked out at Kevin's party as well.
23 of 24
24. Mary J.Blige and her husband Kenzo kept it casual at the Vanity Fair party.
24 of 24