Trending right now
- B$B Banga's Mother Puts Troy Ave on Blast After T.I. Concert Shootout
- Girl, Why? Kylie Jenner Reportedly Loaned Tyga an Insane Amount of Money When They Were Together
- What's Happening In Hip-Pop: Tamar Braxton Reacts To Getting Fired From 'The Real' On Next Braxton Family Values Episode, & More
- Cutthroat! Truth Comes Out About Who Got Tamar Braxton Fired
- Solange Knowles & Alan Ferguson Reportedly Expecting A Child
- Must-Read: Tamera Mowry-Housley Breaks Her Silence About Tamar Being Fired From 'The Real'
"Beyond Being A Model, I Aim To Be A Role Model" By Flaviana Matata
Many people know my friend Russell Simmons as a music or fashion mogul. I know the caring, loving and philanthropic Russell who inspired me to start the Flaviana Matata Foundation (FMF). FMF is a Tanzania based organization I run that helps empower young orphaned girls in rural areas by supporting their education. A couple of […]
Flaviana Matata Opens Up For The First Time About Losing Her Mother
It’s been 16 years – I have lived twice as many years without her than with her – and nothing can change that. I know this and it pains me. Losing my mother in a boat accident on Lake Victoria has left a deep mark on my life. However, I have been very careful not […]
Flaviana Matata Gives Thanks After Her Tanzania Red Ribbon Fashion Gala 2011 (PHOTOS)
On behalf of the Flaviana Matata Foundation and Tanzania Mitindo, we would like to take this opportunity to thank Russell Simmons for his kind donation of auction items and cash for our annual charity event, Tanzania Red Ribbon Fashion Gala 2011 which took place on World Aids Day, December 11.The items he donated raised 7,700,000 […]CloseSign up for our newsletter and never miss the hot storiesThank you for subscribing to Global Grind! Please be sure to open your today's newsletter so we're added to your Safe Senders list.