Nelson Fonangwan, 16, is being praised as a hero after he saved the life of a toddler trapped inside a burning home.
Nelson smashed his way into the Southampton, England home and ran through thick black smoke to reach two-year-old Adam.
According to the Daily Echo:
Nelson scooped up the tot and gave him to his distraught mother - before he went back into the building to take the burning pan off the stove.
The child's mother Aneta Jedlikoswka branded him a “hero” saying “there are not enough words to say thank you.”
The drama unfolded when mum-of-two Aneta took some bins out while cooking breakfast but became locked out when strong winds slammed the front door shut.
Nelson, who was asleep in bed, heard her desperate screams and dashed out to help while his mother called the police.
He said: “I couldn't believe what I was seeing. The lady had punched the glass and created a perfect hole. She had cut herself and she was bleeding. She was obviously hurting but all she was thinking about was her baby.
“She didn't speak good English and she pointed to me inside the house and said 'baby', I knew I had to do something so that's when I helped by breaking the rest of the glass and I went in and got the baby.
“The smoke was really thick you couldn't even breathe, I don't know how the baby was coping because I was choking. I didn't think too much because it was frantic but once I heard baby I thought I have to do this. I was a bit nervous though because it was fire.
“When I brought her baby out, she was really relieved her arm was really bad she hugged him tight.”
Nelson, who is originally from Cameroon in west Africa and is studying health and social care, maths, English and PE with the ambition of becoming a nurse, even went to school the same day.
Nelson's principal praised his heroic act:
"We're all so proud of Nelson for his brave actions. We know that we have fantastic young people here at Richard Taunton Sixth Form College, and Nelson has really demonstrated that this week. It's great to know that one of our students took life saving actions quickly, and helped to prevent what could have been a real tragedy."
Give this boy the key to the city!