A suspected militant terrorist who was involved in the attack on the U.S. consulate in Libya has been killed in clashes in Cairo, according to an Egyptian security official.
Only known by the name Hazem, the official said he recently returned from Libya.
As reported by the Associated Press:
The official, who spoke Wednesday on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to brief reporters, said an investigation into the man's possible involvement in the attack is under way.
This is the first time an Egyptian has been declared as a suspect in the attack on the Benghazi consulate last month, when the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans were killed.
The official said the suspect attacked approaching Egyptian forces and was killed. He kept weapons in his hideout, the official said.
Hopefully we will bring all those involved in the bloody massacre at the U.S. consulate to justice.