20 Rappers Who've Been Shot & Lived To Talk About It (LIST)
20 photos Launch gallery
1. 1. Houston rapper Trae tha Truth was shot early this morning while chilling in a strip club.
1 of 20
2. 2. J Futuristic was hit six times earlier this year while he was shooting a video for his newest single, "Hold Up."
2 of 20
3. 3. Honey Cocaine, one of Tyga's artists, was shot in the arm earlier this year after a van rolled up on their tour bus and started spraying shots. After the incident, Cocaine wrote this to her fans on her Twitter: "Got shot and I'm not dead. #LoveLifeAndGod."
3 of 20
4. 4. In 2010, Waka Flocka was shot in the arm. Just a case of another blown robbery attempt on a rapper.
4 of 20
5. 5. Atlanta-based rapper OJ da Juiceman was shot eight times in a botched robbery attempt back in 2008.
5 of 20
6. 6. Beanie Sigel was shot in the arm during a failed robbery back in 2006.
6 of 20
7. 7. Gravy forever killed his rap career after he got shot in the ass in front of Hot 97 back in 2006. The rapper would go to play Biggie three years later in the <i>Notorious</i> film.
7 of 20
8. 8. October 17, 2006 was a bad day for rapper Fabolous. He was shot in the leg by a man and then arrested due to circumstances that happened earlier.
8 of 20
9. 9. Gillie da Kid was hit three times — once in the leg and twice in the arm — in his Philly neighborhood back in 2006.
9 of 20
10. 10. Obie Trice was almost killed back in 2005 after getting shot in the head in his own city of Detroit.
10 of 20
11. 11. Cam'ron was chilling in his royal blue Lambo at the 2005 Howard Homecoming when someone rolled up and starting firing shots, hitting the rapper twice in the arm.
11 of 20
12. 12. Lloyd Banks was clipped in his old stomping grounds, South Jamaica Queens, back in 2002.
12 of 20
13. 13. 50 Cent got a big image boost to his street cred when he got shot nine times and lived to rap about it back in 2000.
13 of 20
14. 14. Before The Game was a platinum rapper, the Compton-native was heavy in the streets. He was shot five times over two pounds of weed, according to his 2005 track "Don't Need Your Love."
14 of 20
15. 15. At the young age of 12, Lil Wayne shot himself in the chest with a 9 mm handgun. The incident was not a suicide attempt, however. He was just playing with the gun.
15 of 20
16. 16. Young Dro was shot in his back and stomach at the young age of 16 after getting in a fight with “some old-school dude.” The rapper claimed that he had to wear a shit bag for a year.
16 of 20
17. 17. Tupac was infamously robbed and shot five times back in 1994. Until he died in 1996, the rapper would hold a grudge against The Notorious B.I.G. feeling the Brooklyn rapper knew about the robbery. Photo Credit: Krusberg/GettyImages
17 of 20
18. 18. The deceased Ol' Dirty Bastard got shot in the abdomen back in 1994 after getting into an argument.
18 of 20
19. 19. In 1991, a suicidal Bushwick Bill shot himself in the face after having an argument with his girlfriend. Bushwick's trip to the hospital ended up being the album cover for the Geto Boy's <i>We Can't Be Stopped</i> album.
19 of 20
20. 20. Back in 1986, when Timbaland was just 15, the up-and-coming producer was shot while working at a Red Lobster. The shooting left him partially paralyzed for nine months.
20 of 20