BridgetEE a music and entertainment blogger/historian /
Creator of Bridget EE’s Bloghouse, a A Place Where Real Music Is Previewed and Reviewed.
| Follow on Twitter: @BridgetEE and IG: @Bridgetee26
Global Grind Freelance Writer
A video posted by Leila Avelar Santiago (@leilaavelarsantiago) on
4 of 20
5. "We were coming out of a decade of experimentation, mind expansion and cosmic awareness. I wanted our music to convey messages of universal love and harmony without force-feeding listeners’ spiritual content.” - Maurice White
5 of 20
6. "I'm not sure I could find the appropriate words to express how great of an influence the legendary Earth, Wind & Fire has helped to ignite my music aspirations. Late in 1977/early 1978 around the age of 7 years old, my dad took me to my first concert...it literally changed my life! EWF in the seventies were magical, spiritual, funky and soulful without genre limitations. Not only was the band tight musically, their performance was incredible...unlike anything that I've seen or experienced since! I'm talking levitating guitarist, the entire band vanishing into thin air while playing, etc. Little did I know that a young David Copperfield was assisting magician Doug Henning, who directed many of these performance tricks during their concerts. The level of stimulation to one's senses musically and visually that night was overwhelming...also coupled with the added affect of smelling a funny unfamiliar odor in the air for the first time in my life throughout that whole arena (marijuana). I haven't been to a show since that has hit all the marks like an Earth, Wind & Fire show in the late 1970s...and probably never will again. So I say thank you first to my Dad for this experience...one of my greatest memories. And with the highest amount of respect & honor...I say thank you also to the mighty Maurice White, founder of this phenomenal band that scored the soundtrack to a crucial period of my childhood...with continuous inspiration well into my adulthood. May you Rest In Power."
6 of 20
7. Disco Queen Donna Summer and Maurice White.
7 of 20
8. #mauricewhite #nataliecole #2016 #soulmusic ... Dancing in heaven.
8 of 20
9. Maurice White - 1973 "Head To The Sky" Album.
9 of 20
10. Maurice White...Your legacy will live on. #mauricewhite #musicalinspirations
10 of 20
11. Maurice White and The Jacksons
11 of 20
12. A Fan's Earth, Wind & Fire Collection.
12 of 20
13. Maurice White with Mint Condition
13 of 20
14. Memphis legend Maurice White, founder of Earth, Wind and Fire, your memory lives on in your music. Thank you for the tunes. #thisishardrock #mauricewhite
17. I love this song so much! Even in the more recent #EWF songs, the magic was still there. I love this @raphael_saadiq and #MauriceWhite collab. Lyrics so pure and beautiful and of course, live instrumentation on point!