Instagram has been creating waves since it first hit the Apple App Store back in 2010. Now, with its second anniversary looming near, the simple photo-sharing app has undergone some serious changes. First Instagram was bought by Facebook, and now the concept behind the app has made its way off iPhones and Androids and into its very own social cam.
Back in May, photos began circulating of a prototype Instagram camera that would print the photos Polaroid-style after they were edited and posted to Instagram. The photos of the prototype got such amazing feedback from the net that the ADR Design group, who created it, actually went out to look for a production partner.
Now they have promised the release of Instagram Socialmatic Camera by March of 2013. Check out some of the features that the Socialmatic Camera will be featuring below.
- 16 GB mass storage
- Wifi and Bluetooth
- 4:3 touchscreen
- 2 main lens, first for main capture, second for 3D filters, webcam applications and QR Code capturing
- Optical zoom
- Led Flash
- Internal printer to make your Instagram photos real
- Paper cartridge with Instagram Paper Sheets
- Dedicated 4 colors ink tanks
- InstaOs 1.0, which put together Facebook and Instagram App feature
No word on the price point, but is this something that you'll be looking forward to saving up for?