September has just arrived, but September issues of magazines are just about old news.
Any fashion lover knows the importance of the month of September when it comes to trend forecasting what we will be loving, loathing and living for the next year.
We have spent endless hours thumbing through September issues, paying special attention to not only the editorials, but the other 60 percent of the magazine as well, the ads!
We know it's a lot to ask for you to study all of the September issues, so just like Cliffs Notes was there for you with recaps in college, we have summed up the 13.5 things we learned from the September issues.
Why 13.5? Because it is a fun number, and September is all about fun! Check out our September issue tips below.
1. September cover girls are forecasting who is going to be at their absolute heights in the coming months, so for the big name fashion mags, the selection process of their cover girls is a serious trend prediction move, with that said, be ready to see more Gaga (Vogue), Miley Cyrus (Marie Claire), Selena Gomez (Teen Vogue) and Lea Michele (Nylon). We see you, gurrrlsss!
2. The Canadian Tuxedo is still alive and well, so feel free to pair your denim on denim without fearing fashion alienation.
3. Baroque is totally having a moment, but that doesn't mean you should go snatching granny's good table wear and making it into a poncho.
4. Project Runway is celebrating its big 10th anniversary, and to commemorate, Marie Claire gave us a complete guide to NYC Project Runway-style from where to shop for fabric, to where to eat the best pizza - only when you're allowed a cheat day of course!
5. Glittery just about everything is in. Strap on those Miu Miu booties and click your heels twice.
6. You probably already knew this, but Vogue broke major binding boundaries when it came to its Lady Gaga covered September issue. Their September issue boasted 916 pages, the lesson to learn here: print ain't dying, yo.
7. GQ isn't quite a ladies mag, but we checked it out so we can know exactly what to dress our darling boyfriends in this fall, but then we fell in love. Lesson learned from GQ: Cam Newton is a total hottie who is now on our babe-dar.
8. Tyra Banks pays homage to her predecessor models by collecting their faces. In a NYLON Magazine interview, she broke down her collection obsession saying: “I collect vintage magazines witch black models on the cover from the late 60s, ‘70s and early 80s. I'm trying to figure out what to do with them…Maybe I will make them into a wallpaper…”
9. Drop that ill-fitting boyfriend blazer from last season; tailored suits are in for women. We guess you can thank Kris Jenner for that one.
10. Printed denim is having a serious moment. The jury is still out on exactly who can pull off this trend, though.
11. Nail art is still f*cking fabulous, and absolutely ruling, so get your design skills up to par.
12. Savages starlet and complete babe Blake Lively doesn't just look good, she smells great. She has over 100 perfumes in her personal collection, so she better.
13. Metallic just about everything is joining the glitter in necessities for the fall. Not quite the flying cars we predicted for the new millennium, but I would say we are getting pretty darn close.
13.5 Photoshop rules, just about everything. But you already knew this.
We've shared our learnings from the September issues, so why don't you email us and let us know what you want to see more or less of this fall at firstname.lastname@example.org.