The Occupy Wall Street protesters have taken over Lower Manhattan for the past 33 days and are now officially airing their grievances against a corrupt financial system and revealing their list of demands.
It’s been 32 days and counting.
The Occupy Wall Street movement has spread across America. From Boston to Portland, people continue to voice their anger over the increasing wealth gap between the rich, who control the 1 percent of wealth and the poor, who represent the other 99 percent.
Cornel West, the acclaimed author, commentator, civil rights activist and Princeton University professor, was arrested last night along with 19 other people while protesting on the steps of the Supreme Court about corporate influence in politics.
Cornel West, one of the main leaders of the Occupy Wall Street movement has been arrested today in Washington, DC. The October 2011 movement has released a press release detailing the arrest of Dr. West.
Occupy Wall Street has made it's mark. The message has been heard aroud the world and protesters from Asia to Europe are all taking to the streets to let their voices be heard. Above, UK's The Telegraph has details of the global protests,
Inspired by the Occupy Wall St movement and Spain's ...
Occupy Wall Street has spread not only across the country but around the world. But, as protesters are just about reaching the one month mark of their peaceful rallying, they now have violence to deal with. The Daily Mail has the details,
Tomorrow will be the 28th day of demonstrations in the name of #OccupyWallStreet and while New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg has advised the protesters that sanitation will be entering Liberty Plaza to clean up, the occupiers have plans of their own.