Malice N Wonderland will be my 10th solo album and since I got the game on lock it came with a brand new job title for the Boss: Creative Chairman of EMI’s Priority Records. As the Chairman, I’m going to be overseing a crazy catalog chock full of gangsta rap anthems (NWA, Eazy E, Master P, Ice Cube) that started in tha streets and made it to tha top. Check out my own personal break down the top 10 Priority Records of all time. Chuuuuuuccchhhh!
1. Snoop Dogg – Paid Tha Cost TO Be Da Boss: That was tha first time me and Skateboard P hooked up for some bangers. Jay Z was on that album too – had a dope cover – it was my first album since No Limit and no one was gonna eat off of me anymore.
2. Ice Cube – Amerikkka’s Most Wanted: Cube went so hard on this album. Tha beats was bangin’ and it was a sound that tha West Coast had never really heard yet. He is a true God in what he does.
3. Ice Cube – Death Certificate: Ha! Ain’t no one else on that level. Top 10 greatest albums ever – he killed it on there.
4. Snoop Dogg – No Limit Top Dogg: I luv tha cover to this album and tha West Coast feel for that era. I went hard in tha paint on that album and tha homies rolled with me ya dig?!?
5. Master P – Ghetto Dope: That orange case was somethin’ else and P had such a unique style that everyone in hip hop was lovin’ at tha time. Uggggggghhhhh
6. EPMD – Unfinished Business: Classic. When you think of Priority, you think of this album hands down.
7. Eazy E – Eazy Duz It: RIP – legendary. His music built tha west coast – this album is a certified banga jacc!
8. Westside Connection – Bow Down: You can play this from top to bottom. All 3 of them went hard on this one. Classic west coast gangsta hits fill this up – and u do know that…
9 N.W.A. – The Essentials: What more can I say? If you’re a hip hop head and don’t have this and you from tha west coast then get yo punk ass out tha door? They were tha foundation for what we do today.
10. EPMD – Strictly Business: Shout out to tha East coast reppin’ on Priority. I gotta give it up to EPMD – they had their own funky style and tha West was down with it.