Last night, the woman of the hour was undoubtedly
as Kerry Washington she stepped on the red carpet at the 65th annual Primetime Emmy Awards.
While she didn’t walk away with any big awards, Kerry was a winner in our book for one of the best looks of the night, in a darling Marchesa gown and a delicate face of makeup prime for a leading lady.
Because we’re all about helping you be great, we tapped our resident makeup artist
Myrna Daher to give you the step-by-step deets to achieving Kerry’s Emmy red carpet makeup look.
To recreate this look, choose these cosmetic products below and add these techniques.
On the face, Kerry’s look was velvety smooth, so to recreate that look with a foundation, use
‘Immaculate’ Hourglass Cosmetic’s powdered Foundation. It truly recreates a effortless look that is long lasting. A velvet finish represents sophistication, and provides a matte look and absorbs oil and still leaves the skin radiant.
The touch of luminosity on Kerry’s cheeks can be recreated with
Kevyn Aucoin Beauty’s ‘Creamy Glow.’ Blend it gorgeously on to the skin to achieve a sheer to doll like finish, similar to Kerry’s. Try shade ‘Isadore’ for complexions similar to Kerry Washington.
To bring it all together, use
Cle de Peau Beaute ‘Face enhancer’ luminizing power. The technology in this power not only illuminates the skin, it also provides contours to the face.
Washington’s eyes had a velvet texture as well. My new favorite brand for eye shadow is
OFRA Cosmetics. To start off, use their ‘Eye Gel Primer,’ it truly provides an increase in pigmentation as well as 12 hour wear without creasing. To achieve the plum eyes similar to Kerry’s, use ‘Plum’ eye shadow, apply from the lid blended softly into the crease and then apply OFRA’s ‘Latte’ eye shadow under the brow bone. Finish off with natural strip lashes and a liquid liner slightly across the lash line. For the final touch-up on the brows, use ‘Brow Wiz’ in brunette from Anastasia.
The shade ‘
Mural’ from Hourglass Cosmetics is a perfect match to re-create Kerry’s look. Find a lip color that best enhances your natural lip pigment.
You just got your Emmy look here, exclusively with GlobalGrind! For more makeup tips and tricks, follow
Myrna Daher on Twitter.
Find her website
Kerry Washington's Best Red Carpet Looks (PHOTOS)
50 photos Launch gallery
1. Kerry Washington attends the 'Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty' Costume Institute Gala.
1 of 50
2. Kerry Washington keeping it 'pretty in pink' on the red carpet.
2 of 50
3. Kerry Washington mixes leather and floral at Comic-Con.
3 of 50
4. Kerry Washington in a light blue ombre gown.
4 of 50
5. Kerry Washington keeps it classy in little black dress at "Little Man" premiere.
5 of 50
6. Kerry Washington rocks the red carpet in a stunning one shoulder gown.
6 of 50
7. Kerry Washington's 'Mellow Yellow' look on the Glamour red carpet.
7 of 50
8. Kerry Washington at the 2011 VH1 Do Something Awards.
8 of 50
9. Kerry Washington shines at the ESPY Awards red carpet.
9 of 50
10. Kerry Washington's angelic look for the Swarovski red carpet.
10 of 50
11. Kerry Washington attends the 2nd Annual Mary J. Blige Honors Concert.
11 of 50
12. Kerry Washington attends Tyler Perry's First Annual Rise Above Celebration.
12 of 50
13. Kerry Washington arrives at the Vanity Fair Oscar party.
13 of 50
14. Kerry Washington attends the 2010 New York Film Critics Circle Awards.
14 of 50
15. Kerry Washington at the premiere of "For Colored Girls."
15 of 50
16. Kerry at ELLE's 17th Annual Women in Hollywood event.
16 of 50
17. Kerry is stunning in plum at the Cannes Film Festival.
17 of 50
18. Kerry attends the Cannes Film Festival.
18 of 50
19. Kerry gets casual on the Vh1 Hip-Hop Honors red carpet.
19 of 50
20. Kerry looks cute with naturally wavy locks.
20 of 50
21. Kerry Washington is the 'lady in red' at the 63rd Emmys.
21 of 50
22. Kerry Washington glows at the 4th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards.
22 of 50
23. Kerry Washington at the 16th Annual Hollywood Film Awards.
23 of 50
24. Kerry Washington at the LACMA 2012 Art + Film Gala.
24 of 50
25. Kerry Washington wears a printed dress to the 'Details' Premiere.
25 of 50
26. Kerry Washington Keeps It Classy At The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences 'Presents an Evening with 'Scandal' red carpet.
26 of 50
27. Kerry is angelic on the Keep A Child Alive red carpet.
27 of 50
28. erry Washington is pretty in pink (again) at the 40th American Music Awards.
28 of 50
29. erry Washington attends the 40th American Music Awards in yellow.
29 of 50
30. Kerry Washington attends the 'Django Unchained' Berlin Premiere.
30 of 50
31. Kerry Washington attends the 'Django Unchained' Berlin Premiere.
31 of 50
32. Kerry Washington At the UK Premiere of 'Django Unchained.'
32 of 50
33. Kerry Washington sparkles at The Weinstein Company's 2013 Golden Globe Awards After Party.
33 of 50
34. Kerry Washington attends The Daily Beast Bi-Partisan Inauguration Brunch.
34 of 50
35. Kerry Washington on the red carpet of 24th Annual Producers Guild Awards.
35 of 50
36. Kerry Washington rocks a strapless gown at the 19th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards.
36 of 50
37. Kerry Washington at the 44th NAACP Image Awards.
37 of 50
38. Kerry Washington rocks green at the 2013 Film Independent Spirit Awards.
38 of 50
39. Kerry Washington's peach clutch at 2013 Film Independent Spirit Awards.
39 of 50
40. Kerry Washington on the Oscars Red Carpet.
40 of 50
41. Kerry Washington attends the 2013 Human Rights Campaign Los Angeles Gala.
41 of 50
42. Kerry Washington at 2013 MTV Movie Awards.
42 of 50
43. Kerry Washington attends the Costume Institute Gala for the 'PUNK: Chaos to Couture' event.
43 of 50
44. Kerry Washington in black and white at the premiere of 'Peeples.'
44 of 50
45. Kerry Washington slays the Entertainment Weekly & ABC-TV Upfronts Carpet.
45 of 50
46. Kerry Washington Rocks The Carpet At Disney & ABC Television Group's 2013 Summer TCA Tour.
46 of 50
47. Kerry Washington is as sweet as bubblegum for The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences and SAG-AFTRA Red Carpet.
47 of 50
48. Kerry Washington in a Strapless Floral Dress At The BAFTA LA TV Tea 2013 Red Carpet.
48 of 50
49. Kerry Washington's Pointed Toe Heels at the BAFTA LA TV Tea 2013.
49 of 50
50. Kerry Washington At The 65th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards.
50 of 50