Welcome to the new Global Grind. We’ve updated our site to look cooler, move faster, and help you go from 0-100 real quick when it comes to everything pop culture and news.
The essence of the millennial lifestyle is captured on every page of Global Grind. Whether it’s the latest release of the must-have phone, the hottest in entertainment news, or the new mixtape trending on social networks, Global Grind defines who is cool and who is hot, what is next and what is not, and how we thrive and how we survive. And we connect everyday through 140 characters or an Insta photo.
We are pop. We are hip-hop. We are the new American mainstream.
The content is the same – with more of a focus on Lifestyle coming your way soon, including more style, more sneakers, more technology. Scroll through our new homepage and see what’s on each channel: Entertainment, Music, Style, News, and now more Quizzes.
You can still find all your favorite pop culture, social justice, and fashion info, but now you can also take hilarious quizzes and find out whether you’re more of a Russell Wilson or Future.
What else is on deck?
- The No Judgment Zone with Blogxilla – Putting pop culture figures in the hot seat on everything from their latest work, to their worst date and most embarrassing moments, this video series is hosted by Blogxilla.
- Extra Butter – All access pass to your favorite movies, actors/actresses, and set visits.
- Movie Reviews In 15 Seconds – Movie reviews that are shot and edited for the Instagram audience, but also live on the video player on the site.
- One On One – Video series of exclusive interviews with today’s most notable and successful artists.
- Back In The Day – Nostalgia posts of Music, Entertainment, and Style that you have to put on your Facebook feed.
- Red Carpet Recap – Recaps from the hottest events that need to be on your Pinterest board.
- Cooking With Bae – Learn how to make meals for a sexy night in with your significant other with rappers and other hip-hop-centric chefs.
- Global Cool: Tech, Sneakers, Yachts, and Vacation Spots!
- The Retweet – Contributing Editor Christina Coleman breaks down what’s going on in the news on social media, what people are debating, arguing about, or sharing – with her own hilarious commentary thrown in.
- So This Happened – Ridiculously unbelievable stories from all around the country and the world. We couldn’t make this stuff up.
We were founded in 2007 by mogul/entrepreneur Russell Simmons and aim to reach our generation. We might know everything about Jay and Bey, KimYe and Amber Rose, but are as equally well-versed and involved in the Ferguson protests as the latest episode of Love & Hip-Hop. We might take a lot of selfies, but we are not selfish. We are smart and capable, worldly, but also care deeply about what’s going on in our own communities. We are multi-racial, but move to the beat of a connected culture that has taken over the world.