President Barack Obama put a smile on one girl’s face over the weekend after she was devastated to find out he wouldn’t serve a third term.
Caprina Harris’ adorable granddaughter went viral last week when she became inconsolable after discovering her favorite president was leaving office. Harris suggested her granddaughter write a letter to Obama to share her grief. She also told the toddler they would have to vote for a new one, a thought the little girl wasn’t interested in.
Soon after post the adorable video, the family got a special surprise from Obama himself. Among thousands of commentators on her Facebook video, stood the president’s. Obama sent nothing but love to Harris’ granddaughter. The president, who also shares a birthday with Harris’ granddaughter, promised the two would one day celebrate their birthdays together.
via NBC News:
“Caprina, tell her to dry her tears because I’m not going anywhere. Once I leave the White House, I’ll still be a citizen just like her. And when she grows up, she can get involved right alongside me. In the meantime, I’ll keep an eye out for her letter, and we’ll always get to celebrate our birthdays together!”
Looks like people of all ages are going to miss President Obama in the White House.
SOURCE: NBC News
21 Of President Barack Obama's Best Photos Of 2015
1. JANUARY: President Obama delivers the State of the Union address with the support of vice president Joe Biden. Obama gained mass support after his joke about winning both terms.Source:Getty 1 of 10
2. APRIL: President Obama arrives in Jamaica to meet with the 15-member Caribbean Community. His trip marked a first for the sitting president and second since the country's independence.Source:Getty 2 of 10
3. JUNE: President Obama and German Chancellor Angela Merkel are seen talking during the president's trip to the G7Summit in Bavaria, Germany.Source:Getty 3 of 10
4. JUNE: President Obama sings "Amazing Grace" during the eulogy for South Carolina state senator and Rev. Clementa Pinckney during Pinckney's funeral service. Clementa was one of the nine victims who died after suspected shooter Dylann Roof entered the AME church and opened fire.Source:Getty 4 of 10
5. SEPTEMBER: President Obama is featured on the popular show "Running Wild With Bear Grylls." Obama took the trip to highlight the importance of climate control.Source:Getty 5 of 10
6. SEPTEMBER: The First Couple serve as "love goals" at the White House's state dinner for Chinese President Xi Jinping and his wife Madame Peng Liyuan. Obama and Xi announced an agreement on controlling climate change and a mutual outlook on cyber security.Source:Getty 6 of 10
7. OCTOBER: President Obama meets with Ahmed Mohamed, the student who was detained by Texas police for his homemade clock. The president stood by the teen, who many believe was the victim of Islamophobia.Source:Getty 7 of 10
8. NOVEMBER: President Obama issues a warning to his critics who "pop off" at his policies towards Syrian refugees. Speaking at the OP 21 United Nations conference on climate change, Obama welcomed his Republican critics to the White House to lay down their own policies. No one has responded.Source:Getty 8 of 10
9. DECEMBER: President Obama addresses the public from the Oval Office regarding the San Bernardino shooting.Source:Getty 9 of 10
10. DECEMBER: All grown up! The First Family, including Obama's mother-in-law Marian Robinson, is seen at the White House's national Christmas tree lighting ceremony on Dec. 2.Source:Getty 10 of 10
President Obama Responds To Viral Video Of Crying Toddler was originally published on newsone.com