What better way to apologize than to sing your way out of trouble?
That’s exactly what 21-year-old Brian Earl Taylor decided to do when he appeared before a judge at the Washtenaw County Trial Court in Ann Arbor, Mich. Taylor, who was facing sentencing after being convicted for unlawful imprisonment and carrying a concealed weapon, decided to address the court with a remixed version of Adele’s “Hello,” swapping out the UK singer’s lyrics for his own.
“I’m gonna start with a song,” Taylor, a Belleville, Michigan, resident, said when he addressed the court.
“Hello, your honor,” Taylor sang.
“I want to say I’m sorry for the things I’ve done, and I try to be stronger in this life I’ve chosen,” Taylor sang. “But I want you to know, that door I closed, your honor. I’m sorry, sorry, sorry.”
At least one person knew that Taylor would burst into song at the March 10 hearing. One of his attorneys asked Judge Darlene O’Brien for permission before he showed off his musical skills. Judge O’Brien, finding Taylor’s lyrics “remorseful,” agreed to the antics.
“That was all his idea,” said Washtenaw County Assistant Public Defender Stephen Adams. “It was the way he could most comfortably tell her how he felt.”
It’s clear that Taylor — who was eventually sentenced to two years in a state prison for the gun charge and 18 months to 15 years for unlawful imprisonment — has talent. During the proceeding, Judge O’Brien even told the young man that she hopes he finds an appropriate way to use his voice and songwriting skills.
We hope so too. After all, anyone who goes through the trouble of rewriting one of the biggest hits in 2016 to apologize for his actions probably deserves a second chance.
Watch the video above and sound off below…
SOURCE: ABC | VIDEO SOURCE: Inform
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14.14 of 14
So This Happened: Man Sings Remix Of Adele’s “Hello” To Apologize In Court was originally published on newsone.com