Text messages to the wrong number are typically ignored, or get an abrupt response about misdialing. It’s rare to hear a pleasant story attached to that scenario.
The New York Daily News reports that two Tallahassee, Fla. brothers, Dennis and Deorick Williams, traveled to Georgia to welcome a newborn into the world after receiving a text from strangers.
According to the Daily News, Dennis received a group message announcing the birth. Instead of ignoring it, he sent this response:
“Congrats lol but I think someone got the wrong number.”
The proud grandmother replied with a picture of her new grandson.
To that, Dennis responded: “Well I don’t know Y’all but me and the boys will be thru to take picture with the baby.”
The brothers kept their word and drove to Bainbridge Hospital in Georgia. And according to the newspaper, they didn’t arrive empty-handed. They brought gifts for little Carson and his mom, Lindsey Lashley.
Impressed and touched by the brothers, grandmother Teresa Lashley shared the story on Facebook.
She wrote: “What a blessing these two guys were to our family. They were so sweet and kind to do this.”
The story went viral, which Dennis said drew negative responses from “haters” who were jealous of his new social network fame. He answered them in a video.
But other commentators congratulated their mother for raising great sons.
SOURCE: New York Daily News | PHOTO CREDIT: Getty, Facebook
Good 'Ol Days: Barack Obama Was Nominated For President By The DNC 11 Years Ago
1. Barack Gives Daughter Malia a KissSource:Getty 1 of 14
2. Michelle and Barack tell the kids a storySource:Getty 2 of 14
3. Michelle and Barack KissSource:Getty 3 of 14
4. Michelle and BarackSource:Getty 4 of 14
5. Two TermsSource:Getty 5 of 14
6. Michelle and Barack Host a State DinnerSource:Getty 6 of 14
7. Barack Obama and Michelle ObamaSource:Getty 7 of 14
8. Flashback To The Old DaysSource:Pete Souza 8 of 14
9. Candidly AwesomeSource:Pete Souza 9 of 14
10. TV TimeSource:Pete Souza 10 of 14
11. Reading TimeSource:Pete Souza 11 of 14
12. Supporting MomSource:Pete Souza 12 of 14
13. 50th Anniversary Of March On SelmaSource:Pete Souza 13 of 14
14.14 of 14
Two Florida Brothers Visit Newborn After Receiving Mistaken Text From Stranger was originally published on newsone.com