1. 1. Congressman Keith Ellison is urging Congress to pass a No Racial Profiling Act.
2. 2. Representative Bobby Rush took a stand on the House Floor for Trayvon while in a hoodie.
3. 3. First Lady Michelle Obama described the Trayvon incident as a "tragedy" and a "tremendous loss."
4. 4. “It is important for U.S. citizens not to see ourselves as Black and White, but to unite and find common ground as Americans” – Congresswoman Sheila Jackson
5. 5. “Oh, definitely Mr. Zimmerman murdered Trayvon Martin …you can tell from the 911 tapes, and from the girlfriend’s conversation. You can tell from Mr. Zimmerman’s past." – Congresswoman Fredericka Wilson
6. 6. "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon." President Barack Obama
7. 7. Congresswoman Corrine Brown has expressed her disapproval of the incident in multiple media appearances.
8. 8. “Trayvon Martin’s death is a tragedy and that has rightly spurred a national conversation and calls to action” – Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz
9. 9. “I’m confident the people of Florida will debate and discuss whether or not this law, the Stand Your Ground law, whether is being applied as it was intended to be applied and whether or not as intended it makes sense” – Vice President Joe Biden
10. 10. “When tragedy happens we ought to look at laws and see if there is something we ought to change” – Florida Governor Rick Scott
You May Also Like