Once again, it’s #Throwback Thursday.
With recent news that Instagram has incorporated a video feature on their updated app, and Jay-Z’s multi-million dollar deal with Samsung to promote his new album Magna Carta Holy Grail, GlobalGrind decided to take a look back at old school cell phones that rappers used to love.
Now that iPhones and Samsung Galaxy are the most popular cell phones in the tech world, it’s pretty funny to see pictures of rappers with old Motorola two-way pagers, chirping Nextels, Nokias, Palm Treos, and ancient Blackberrys.
Remember when Jay-Z used to rap about his Motorola two-way pager?
Well, almost a decade later, two-ways are obsolete and Jay-Z has moved on to bigger and better things like the Samsung Galaxy 4G.
We rounded up 14 pictures of rappers on their cell phones from light years ago. Take a trip down memory lane and check out all of these pictures of rappers with old ass cell phones…
1. Warren G on one of the first cell phones ever invented.
2. Curren$y on the old school flip phone.
3. Jay-Z putting smiley faces after all of his phrases on the Motorola two-way.
4. Yeezus geeked about his Samsung Serenata.
5. Drake with his beloved Blackberry Torch.
6. Pharrell showing off his shiny new Blackberry.
7. The boss Rick Ross on a Motorola Razor.
8. Cam’ron with his matching pink Nextel.
9. Diddy on what appears to be a Motorola two-way.
10. Sir Mix-A-Lot and his homies on the old school celly.
11. Jay-Z and Diddy doing damage on the black and silver two-ways.
12. Joe Budden on the flip phone.
13. Snoop Dogg posing with the Metro PCS Samsung Indulge.
14. Biggie on one of the earliest cell phones in his “Warning” video.