To donate $5 via your cellphone to Wyclef Jean’s grassroots organization: text “Yele” to 501501.
To make an automatic $10 donation to the Red Cross, text “HAITI” to 90999;
the money will be charged directly to your cell phone bill.
FOR NATIONAL DONATIONS TO HAITI
• Yele Haiti: Yéle Haiti is a Wyclef Jean’s grassroots movement that builds global awareness for Haiti while helping to transform the country through programs in education, sports, the arts and environment.
The Port-au-Prince offices of the Carma Foundation – whose mission is to improve the health of poor and vulnerable women and children in Haiti – were seriously affected by the Haiti earthquake .Make a monetary donation at http://www.carmafoundation.org/ to help Carma send missionaries to Haiti to aid in the relief effort.
• Partners in Health: Wanted: Surgeons, nurses, and other medical personnel to help in Haiti (especially folks who speak Kreyol or French) – email firstname.lastname@example.org
• American Red Cross: Since its founding in 1881 by visionary leader Clara Barton, the American Red Cross has been the nation’s premier emergency response organization.
• Dwa Famn: portal that provides information on the Haiti Emergency Relief Fund, which has been involved in grassroots organizing efforts in Haiti since 2004
The Haitian Memorial Foundation and WEEN are seeking volunteers to donate and gather supplies as well as travel to Haiti to assist in the global relief effort.
To offer your help/resources, call I. Maxime Auguste at (914)7513303. You can drop-off emergency supplies at the HMF office at 435 South Broadway, Suite #1, Yonkers NY 10705. http://www.haitianmemorialfoundation.org.
• Haitian Women for Haitian Refugees, Lakou New York, and MUDHA (Movement of DominicanHaitian Women) are organizing immediate delivery of first aid relief. Please Donate: FINANCIAL SUPPORT, FIRST AID SUPPLIES, PERSONAL HYGIENE GOODS, DRY FOODS (NO CANNED FOODS PLEASE), TEA LIGHT CANDLES AND AA & D BATTERIES.CALL (718) 735-4660 FOR MORE INFO.
The City of Miami, District 5 is accepting donations of emergency supplies such as clothing, water, first aid and canned food to send immediately to Haiti. Contact Tracy Lozama in the District 5 office at 305-253-5390 for more information.
Make a monetary donation to The Haitian Alliance to help send missionaries and emergency supplies to Haiti at www.transformhaiti.org.
The Haitian Alliance is also collecting relief materials such as drinking water, first aid items, toiletries, non-perishable food rations, baby formula, linens and more.
The Haitian Alliance Drop-off Locations:
* WRFG Radio -Mon – Fri; 11:00AM – 6:00PM; 1083 Austin Avenue NE, Atlanta, GA 30307-1940
* Northside Women’s Specialists-Mon – Fri; 8:30AM – 5:00PM; 980 Johnson Ferry Rd, Suite 620,Atlanta, GA 30342-1608
* Northside Women’s Specialists – Mon – Fri; 8:00AM – 3:30PM; 1015 Mansell Road, Roswell, GA 30076-1507
* Club Intrigue – Mon-Sun; 4PM – until; 5471 Memorial Drive, Stone Mountain, GA 30083
To find cities that will HELP HEAL HAITI we have compiled a complete list of cities around the country that will have events to support the relief efforts in Haiti. If you would like your event to be added, please email email@example.com