It’s been 12 years since two planes hit the World Trade Center Towers.
One plane smashed into the side of the Pentagon and another into a field in Pennsylvania, killing nearly 3,000 and affecting the lives of millions.
However, the shock and terror of September 11, 2001 still lives within us and the realization that an attack on that scale took place on American soil is a reminder of how vigilant the U.S. must be in protecting our citizens.
But today, on a day of reflection, GlobalGrind wants to send our prayers and condolences to those affected and our love to America in an act of solidarity.
Here are the ceremonies taking place this morning:
– Relatives of the victims have gathered at Ground Zero today to commemorate the anniversary of the attacks. Moments of silence were held at 8:46 AM EST and at 9:03 AM EST – the exact moments that the planes hit the North and South tower, respectively. Families have started the reading of the names of those who died on that day.
– The names of those who died at the Pentagon, hijacked Flight 93, and those who passed away when the WTC was bombed in 1993 will also be read aloud.
– President Obama, First Lady Michelle Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and his wife Dr. Jill Biden observed the moment of silence on the South Lawn at the White House.
– First responders who survived the attack have gathered in the general area of the WTC, where the memorial and the Freedom Tower now stand.
– Commemoration services are also being held at the Pentagon’s 9/11 memorial and in the field where Flight 93 went down.
– Make sure to check out where the nearest 9/11 memorial service will be held in your area.
We’re sending our love to those affected on the day that shook us all to the core.
PHOTO SOURCE: Getty
Meet The 2023 McDonald's Black & Positively Golden Change Leaders
WTF! Bashid McLean Poses For A Photo With His Mother's Decapitated Head! (PHOTOS)
Lauryn Hill, Method Man, Summer Walker, Jeezy & Many More Tore Down The Stage At Mary J. Blige's Strength of a Woman Festival & Summit
22 Memorable Nip Slips & Wardrobe Malfunctions You HAVE To See Now
They're Not Babies Anymore: Our Favorite Celebrity Kids 2023 Prom Photos [Gallery]
The 15 Most Sexually Explicit & Down Right Nasty Songs Of All Time (LIST)
Happy Eggplant Friday! Here Are 26 Celebrity D*ck Pics To Start Your Weekend
20 Of Our Favorite Celebrity Nipples (NSFW PHOTOS)