Today is Eminem’s birthday. He turns 41, which is like a 100 in hip-hop years.
Even in his older years, the boy is still kicking. And kicking strong. Em’s new album, The Marshall Matters LP 2, comes out soon and the buzz is good. “Berzerk,” the album’s first single, has already gone platinum. The album’s follow up single, “Rap God,” also had the Internet going crazy when it was released over the weekend.
The future is still pretty bright for the all-time great MC. But that’s not why we’re here. We’re here to talk about the past.
Throughout the rapper’s career, style was never his thing. White Nikes, grey sweats, white tees and the durag was typical Em wear throughout the 2000s.
Not really the most stylish get-up.The durag was especially horrid and, now in retrospect, super hilarious.
So to celebrate the man’s birthday, and the fact that it’s #TBT, we said fuck it, and we found 15 throwback pictures of Eminem rocking a durag.
Check out the gallery below.
15 Throwback Pictures Of Eminem Wearing Durags (PHOTOS)
15 photos Launch gallery
1. Eminem with the flaps rolled up.
1 of 15
2. Eminem repping his D12 crew. Orange durag on deck.
2 of 15
3. You know Em was rocking his durag while at the BET Awards in 2006.
3 of 15
4. Eminem - fitted hat = Eminem with just a durag.
4 of 15
5. Eminem in the "Sing For the Moment" video.
5 of 15
6. Eminem when he was packing the pounds.
6 of 15
7. The durag + sleeveless white tee was never a good look, B.
7 of 15
8. Eminem thinks hard and long in his durag.
8 of 15
9. Leather vests were also never a good look.
9 of 15
10. Em with the classic all-black durag.
10 of 15
11. Look how cool he looks.
11 of 15
12. Eminem wore a durag. To the Grammys.
12 of 15
13. Nowadays, Em doesn't rock the durag like he used to.
13 of 15
14. Eminem's durags come in various color.
14 of 15
15. Let us never forget the durag-wearing Eminem.
15 of 15