We’ve been waiting to see what her next big role would be, and here it is.
In what comes as a shocker to absolutely NO ONE, People magazine has named Lupita Nyong’o the Most Beautiful Person of 2014.
The news was revealed earlier this morning on NBC’s Today Show, where the Oscar-winning actress claims she never dreamed she would receive the nod, saying:
“It was exciting and just a major, major compliment. And especially, I was happy for all the girls who would see me on [it] and feel a little more seen.”
But if not her, then who else? Seriously.
We couldn’t think of anyone who’s more deserving of it than she is.
The Most Beautiful issue hits newsstands this Friday. Congrats, Lupita!
PHOTO CREDIT & SOURCE: People
15 Of Lupita's Best Beauty Moments (PHOTOS)
15 photos Launch gallery
1. Lupita looks like pure perfection at the Essence Black Women in Hollywood event.
1 of 15
2. Lupita takes a close-up and puts all of our selfie game to shame.
2 of 15
3. Lupita glows in emerald green.
3 of 15
4. Lupita in Vogue Italia.
4 of 15
5. Lupita stuns in another shot for Vogue Italia.
5 of 15
6. Terry Richardson turns his lens on the gorgeous Lupita.
6 of 15
7. Lupita is striking in bold colors.
Source:New York Magazine
7 of 15
8. Lupita is au naturale and flawless.
8 of 15
9. Lupita as the new face of Lancôme.
9 of 15
10. Lupita and her envious skin in Glamour magazine.
10 of 15
11. Lupita is stunning in bold makeup for Essence magazine.
11 of 15
12. Lupita for Dazed & Confused magazine.
Source:Dazed & Confused
12 of 15
13. Lupita was certainly the center of attention during Paris Fashion Week.
13 of 15
14. Lupita owned the Oscars with this look.
14 of 15
15. Lupita's winged eye-liner and funky hair is everything.
15 of 15