The Daily Grind Video


Hours after the initial curfew for the town of Ferguson was set, a man has been critically wounded after being shot with a handgun. According to CNN, one man was shot at by an unidentified person, while 7 other people were arrested throughout the evening during protests. While they don’t know who the shooter is, they have revealed that there was a person in the street with a handgun, and that a police car was shot at.

The first hour of the curfew involved police firing smoke canisters at protestors, and later firing tear gas in order to get to the shooting victim when they had gotten word.

The site reports:

He said authorities clamped down on protesters in response to the shooting, as opposed to the curfew violations.

Earlier, Johnson said law enforcement would not be heavy-handed in enforcing the curfew.

We pray for the citizens of Ferguson and may they remain peaceful during their protests. Stay tuned for more updates.

A state of emergency has been declared by Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon, seven days after unarmed teenager Michael Brown was killed by Ferguson officer Darren Wilson.

Nixon also implemented a midnight to 5 a.m. curfew for the Ferguson area in response to looting that occurred on Friday night following peaceful protests.

From KTLA:

“I’m committed to making sure the forces of peace and justice prevail,” Nixon said at a community meeting. “If we’re going to achieve justice we first must have and maintain peace.”

But the meeting at a local church at times was tumultuous.

People repeatedly interrupted Nixon and Missouri State Highway Patrol Capt. Ron Johnson, shouting, “You need to charge the police with murder!” and “We want justice!”

Johnson, in charge of security for the town, said the investigation is speeding up. He said some 40 FBI agents arrived in Ferguson on Saturday morning, going door-to-door to investigate the fatal shooting of 18-year-old Michael Brown by officer Darren Wilson a week ago.

Johnson praised local citizens who tried to stop the looting of several businesses early Saturday and said law enforcement would not be heavy-handed in enforcing the curfew.

“We won’t enforce it with trucks, we won’t enforce it with tear gas,” he said.

News of the curfew comes just hours after it was revealed the Department of Justice opposed the release of surveillance video showing Brown’s alleged robbery by the Ferguson Police Department.

We’ll keep you updated with the latest.