The husband of the mayor of a small Oklahoma town has apologized for posing as a Ku Klux Klan member for Halloween.
According to ABC News, Cary Sharp, the husband of Lahoma Mayor Theresa Sharp, and his friends were pictured on Facebook posing with a large cross and white robes at a Halloween party. The costume, which included Sharp holding up “a cross in front of a fire to make it appear it was burning,” was part of an alleged Halloween prank, ABC writes.
The mayor’s husband eventually apologized for bringing shame and embarrassment upon his family. Mayor Sharp told reporters she didn’t condone the activity and was not present at the party.
The Best Advice From Some Of The Richest Black People In The World
1. Serena Williams, Athlete & Businesswoman | Net Worth: $100 MillionSource:Getty 1 of 10
2. Janice Bryant Howroyd, Founder of Employment Agency ACT-1 Group | Net Worth: $250 MillionSource:Getty 2 of 10
3. Cathy Hughes, Founder Of RadioOne & TVOne | Net Worth: $300 millionSource:Radio One 3 of 10
4. Russell Simmons, Businessman & Activist| Net Worth: $325 millionSource:Getty 4 of 10
5. Robert "Bob" Johnson, Founder of BET | Net Worth: $550 millionSource:Getty 5 of 10
6. Sean "Puff Daddy" Combs: Businessman | Net Worth: $735 MillionSource:Getty 6 of 10
7. Michael Jordan, Athlete & Businessman | Net Worth: $1 BillionSource:Getty 7 of 10
8. Folorunsho Alakija, Nigerian Businesswoman | Net Worth: $2 BillionSource:Getty 8 of 10
9. Oprah Winfrey, Businesswoman & Philanthropist | Net Worth: $3 BillionSource:Getty 9 of 10
10. Aliko Dangote, Billionaire African Entrepreneur | Net Worth: US $18.3 BillionSource:Getty 10 of 10
Husband Of Oklahoma Mayor Apologizes For Posing As KKK Member For Halloween Prank was originally published on newsone.com